El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I' going to replace my 18 inch irocs to 15 inch any help what type and size of tire to use? I don't want a big gap in the finder well and not sticking out past it. The rims what width would you recommend?:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 9 (MI-IN-KY)
293 Posts
You looking for aftermarket or factory style wheels? I have a set of the Monte SS 15X7s with 235/60/15 BFG Radial TAs, and I really like the way they fit.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'll send you mine and you send me yours. I have 15's with Cooper Cobra Radials.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Robert, I have 15's front and rear. 7" wide front and 8" wide in back. Tires in front are Hankook 225/70, rear are 235/70. They fill out the wheel wells nice and give just a little rake. No rubbing. 2012-03-06 16.39.04-1.jpg

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey Robert, I have 15's front and rear. 7" wide front and 8" wide in back. Tires in front are Hankook 225/70, rear are 235/70. They fill out the wheel wells nice and give just a little rake. No rubbing. View attachment 2195
That's it Hankook was the brand i had the first time and i liked them. I'm thinking American Racing replica's Iroc's I like the way they look. The 18's are fine but two are fading and it's time for tires so the price of two new rim's and tires I can buy a complete new set up for less. I don't like selling used anything so maybe i will keep them for special occasions or one day there will be someone really in need of a set that can't afford it and make his or hers day. I'm sure it's my time to "pay it forward"
Thanks Mike It's been so long hows the noise of the tires? The last set I bought sound like a 18 wheeler flying by thats why I taped and padded the whole interior.

Any other ideas keep them coming and thanks for the other offers but I'm going with new. ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET THE BEST DEAL?

Thats the fit I'm looking for no gaps.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Robert, I get zero road noise frok the tread design. But it depends on the surface to. Blacktop is great. Concrete is a little more noticable. I ride with my windows down all the time so I can hear everything. I had BFG's before the Hankooks and they were louder.. and more $$. These hankooks cost me around $115 mounted and balanced. I'm looking for a different wheel but the ones I bant are outta my comfort zone. Western made a wheel in the 70's and 80's called the 'Bullet'. They actually came on some Choo ChooLs and I think a pace car. If I could find some 15's, i'd prolly sell a calf or to to buy them.

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Robert, I get zero road noise frok the tread design. But it depends on the surface to. Blacktop is great. Concrete is a little more noticable. I ride with my windows down all the time so I can hear everything. I had BFG's before the Hankooks and they were louder.. and more $$. These hankooks cost me around $115 mounted and balanced. I'm looking for a different wheel but the ones I bant are outta my comfort zone. Western made a wheel in the 70's and 80's called the 'Bullet'. They actually came on some Choo ChooLs and I think a pace car. If I could find some 15's, i'd prolly sell a calf or to to buy them.
That's the same price i paid for the hankooks are the groves on yours curved and looks real smooth or can you give me the model number please.:texas::texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump:nanawrench:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
This is more or less the tread pattern. Know that I drive 130 miles daily and noe of it is on a race track. This is a medium compound and the last set lasted 60k miles.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
2012-03-07 22.14.12-1.jpg here's a pic of an extra tire I bought. This is the same as I have on the front.

·
ZERO MPG
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
View attachment 2204 here's a pic of an extra tire I bought. This is the same as I have on the front.

Perfect now i will hunt for pricing. The ones i have on now sound like a simi at full speed.:You_Rock:
$84.00 EA WITH SHIPPING SOUND GOOD? $296.76 TOTAL

Tires Optimo H724 P225/70R15 100T WSW

Hankook Tires
Hankook Tires - A Speed Revolution! With innovative technology exclusive to Hankook Tire, enjoy a stable, high-speed ride even in wet conditions. More Performance! The best 'stability of steering' and 'brake performance' that you can find.
Hankook Tires Website
Discounted Wheel Warehouse - Discount Tires

Price: $74.19

HT-1011008

1 - 12 of 12 Posts