El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for being absent for a while... Been a crazy couple of weeks- and will probably be a couple more before things settle down again...

About 3 weeks ago, I put on a new set of headers- I was finnaly able to get to the spark plugs, so That friday, i pulled the 4 year old ones out and replaced, also replaced the 4 year old cap and rotor.

After doing that- the engine didn't want to run quite right, i assumed i needed to tweek the timing a bit... Someone(me) didn't follow "lefty loosey righty tighty" and turned their distributor hold down bold down until it stripped and cracked the back of his intake manifold :roll:

Anyway- So after a week of hitching rides with friends everywhere, and about $250 in parts later- i had a new intake manifold... I spent a good chunk of last weekend pulling the old off, and re-installing new.... So FINNALY i'm back on the road again...

Of course its just in time too- cause this weekend i get to start pack up my stuff to move! :) Whee!

Someone remind me when the fun STARTS! ;)

ANyway- Hopefully after another couple weeks or so after i get moved in and they get the DSL hooked up i'll be back and able to start contributing again...

Just wanted to give a heads up, so you know i didn't disappear!

later!
Ben

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
We missed you Rambo...thought you were on another secret mission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts