El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350 engine thats from a Caprice Police Car,
VIN:14093638, that takes me to a 86-94 350. Getting new heads but do not know which heads to get. This thing has roller cams and etc, looking for a straight bolt on. Kinda leaning on performance heads and gonna do tpi once the heads are on.
The heads we have are cracked and require 600+ to be fixed so why not getting something better if not newer. Ive done alot of browsing and there are heads that i know will not fit, might look around for a camaro motor for cheap around the same year that has tpi and just call it a day,

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if you want to stay center bolt any 87/93 police engine head would be good the 94 is a lt1 and a different engine and wont interchange. the truck heads are very restrictive and should be avoided.look for the ones from a 5.7 camaro they were good heads. the sr torquer heads are a good stock replacement head and are coppied after the old fuely heads and will make good power. depending on the exact year of motor you have it may have forged flat top mahle pistons. a good short block. make sure the block isnt cracked in the lifter valley paralell to the deck,these are prone to that when severely overheated

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would get the heads for a 1992 Camaro 350 that had TPI. The head bolts for a TPI intake were angled different from regular heads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts