El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been collecting Choo Choo items ever since I purchased my first Choo Choo El Camino about 20 years ago. I have collected quite a few items over the years, but I just recently picked these up and I think they’re rather interesting…so I figured I would share. This is a 3 piece travel bag set in blue leather that was given to a dealer during the 1984 St Louis Drive-Away event. The woman I purchased these from was a Chevrolet dealer in the 80’s and she was at the Drive-Away in 1984. She said she put these away and forgot about them till now. And just for fun in the pic, I included an original un-opened copy of the St Louis Drive-Away VHS, and also an original never applied St Louis Drive-Away tailgate decal that I found about 20 years ago. I already had the VHS and the decal, but I figured they belonged in the pic.
Luggage and bags Bag Travel Font Rectangle
Font Screenshot Parallel Electric blue Number

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Very cool Eric. There's still some things like that tucked away. Neat that the lady decided to let it go to a collector.

You should try to keep in touch with her. There may be a lot of good info there.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool Eric. There's still some things like that tucked away. Neat that the lady decided to let it go to a collector.

You should try to keep in touch with her. There may be a lot of good info there.
Yes we have a few oddity items that I’m amazed didn’t get lost throughout the years. We bought this leather garment bag a while back. It has the Choo Choo and University of Tennessee logos on it. I always felt like this must’ve belonged to a Choo Choo exec…seems like an odd thing to have your company logo on.
Clothing Brown Outerwear Bag Textile
Brown Outerwear White Product Orange

1 - 6 of 6 Posts