El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rust pocket behind my door badge is there anyway to get a replacements badge if I pull it off does honest Charlie's make reproduction ones

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i looked for years for a replacement for my original one and found no supplier for them

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
If you try to sell that car in the future w/out the original "badge" i think you would have a great problem. You need to document ,before you pull it,with pics and witnesses and possibly a notarized statement that the badge is the one that came on that car. If I were going to buy a El that was supposed to be a ChooChoo it would need all of the above for me to even think about putting Choo Choo money in it. I have a 86 ChooChoo and looked at that very hard when buying it.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
To go one step further...is an SS really that much more valuable than any other 5th gen? Most 5th gens have seen quite a few mods and SS was only decals.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
On one of the "Blue book" type car value sites the ChooChoo carried a 30% up price . They are definitely rarer as there was only 995 ,or thereabouts, of them built in 86

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Yeah but that's an original unmolested one. Most times previous owners didn't know or care. Look how many still swear it's a monte SS nose.
But like anything else if you care enough to search out a pristine very original unmolested car, you really are going to be concerned with authenticity.
Strngely, I very rarely see a perfect unrestored el camino. Or even a factory correct resto for that matter.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
So far I've found El Camino Choo-Choo's in white, black, blue and burgundy. Try putting some 3M clear packing tape over the decal before removal. This will help the decal stay together even if you get some tears during removal. Also, you can read all over the internet that 4950 El Camino Choo-Choo's were made. I believe it's probably half that number. If an El Camino was ordered without the RPO-Z15 Super Sport package, and many were, Choo-Choo Customs added the decals during the conversion process.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts