El Camino Central Forum banner
601 - 620 of 650 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I recently just found another Choo Choo for you guys to add to the data base.

Attachments

· Registered
93 Posts
I'm not sure how accurate some of the information is on this thread. I have owned 4 CCC's so far and I currently own a 1986 and 1987. The 86 I purchased back in 1997 is all original. When I purchased it back then I called CCC to ask about the production numbers as there was very little information on the internet. They were still in business and the one employee explained to me that they did not keep accurate numbers and they can't verify what order they were built in. He did say however how many CCC Caminos were made for each year. 1983-587, 1984-1309, 1985-1198, 1986-995, 1987-861. I'm not sure what CCC would gain from lying about their production numbers?

That being said, I just purchased an 87 CCC and the previous owner claims it is the last CCC Camino built. If you go by the information that the numbers are sequential on the re-certified sticker, it is not the last one built. CCC/DE7-1668/912278. Also if they were sequentially numbered, why is the number 1668 if they only built 861 in 87?

· Premium Member
1983 El Camino SS - Choo Choo Custom
123 Posts
New to ECC as of 4/10/21. Added a thread in the new members forum today but wanted to include a few pics here. I have some verifying to do but pretty sure this 1983 is a legitimate CCC. Plan to order a copy of the invoice soon.
Regards,
Gabe
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Car Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Font Parallel Handwriting Number Paper

· Registered
6 Posts
New member here. Ran across this ‘87 sitting in same spot for the past 4 years. No pic of door jam sticker but, assuming it is there, and this is legit, (and needing work) am I looking at a 3k car?
I’ll get pics of the sticker for your data base ASAP whether I purchase this or not.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Truck

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive side marker light
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Trunk
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

· Premium Member
3,429 Posts
Sure looks like a lot of rust on the doors on top of the trim moulding. If its a Mich truck i would be very careful as its probably loaded with rust. 3 K sure sounds like a lot for that car.As far as the interior, the seat doesn't look like it came in the car.

· Registered
6 Posts
Saw the Choo Choo today. It’s legit. Hasn’t been started in a while. Only surface rust, no major issues except for the fact is has sat.
Also, bad info...it’s an ‘86, not ‘87.
here is are some photos for ya.
This is from an estate where the owner has passed.
Still trying to determine value.
Body panels solid, no rust at bottom of doors, wheel well, etc...
No sign of rust repair.
small dent lower drivers qtr
Side pipes
Front end (2 one in bed is fiberglass)
Door handle graphics
Choo Choo embalm on dash
Stickered

Not sure if it runs yet.

What do you all think?

· Registered
3 Posts
Sorry if this was already covered but here it goes. I have a 84 Choo choo I know its the real deal because my grandfather bought it brand new and actually I have a cool picture of him posing with it not long after the purchase. unfortunatly at one point he had it repainted after a minor accident and the body shop painted over the choo choo tag. When he passed away we werent able to come across the dealer paperwork which is understandable. Does anyone know if anyone (possibly honest Charleys?) has any of the records that associate the vin numbers to choo choo builds? I know thats kinda whats trying to be accomphlished with the data base thats being done here so its a long shot. Id love to have the tag repilicated when I do the restoration on it. Ive produly been the 2nd owner of it for 15 years now and its due for a full restore.

601 - 620 of 650 Posts