El Camino Central Forum banner
641 - 650 of 650 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I took my 1980 el camino to choo choo as a dealer drop off because they would not sell parts at that time So I have a registered with choo choo conversion on a 1980 el camino
Mine was done at the factory
mine is now a one owner I drove off the lot new nov 79

· Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 1983 el Camino back in feb 2022, without knowing it was a choochoo. Once I got it home the next day I was looking at it and going through it, and I notice the train emblem on the dashboard with the designer series door handles, polyurethane ss front end, and the trim molding around. Something deep down told me it was an original choochoo. After months and months of research. I was able to find the built sheet behind the driver seat. Car has been parked since 1998 I believe. Currently it’s missing a cylinder head, carburetor, and the radiator along with the original wheels. Other than that the interior is all original unmolested. Car doesn’t have the sticker of the choo choo on the door Jam it is why at the same time was thinking it could be a clone. As of today I am proud and excited to say I Own a 1983 choo choo el Camino original California car . Car is original paint black (faded) and maroon Interior
World Gesture Handwriting Art Wall

Grey Wood Tints and shades Beige Font

Font Rectangle Paper Paper product History

Font Parallel Document Number Pattern
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Personal luxury car

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
2,792 Posts
Congrats!! The ‘G-TDZ-Ship Through Freight Charge $00’ on your invoice is a solid indicator, too. If you’ve read this whole thread, you should have noted that ‘83s don’t have recert stickers in the door jambs, so yours is not missing anything important.
Patrick

· Super Moderator
6,270 Posts
I just looked and unfortunately, I did send the 1980's era Joe McPherson license plate frame to the recycle bin.

Dealership change hands about 2000. It is possible that they still have the old dealer frames.

· Registered
5 Posts
Just bought my father's 1986 Choo Choo Customs El camino. It is in very good condition, with only 68k miles on it. He did have it repainted back in 2006 as it was a little scratched and dinged thru use as a pickup during construction of his house. In the process, things like the designer series door handle badges, SS decals, wheels and hood scoop were all removed. It was painted a Cadillac color, midnight blue metallic and silver two tone, it was originally all black with grey interior. It has been sitting for over a decade. I am slowly getting back together and back on the road. I just recovered the seats and headliner and put in new carpet. Just had the carb rebuilt and hope to have it running right again. Don't currently have a pic of the Choo Choo door decal to add to the registry. Will do that soon. In the meantime, here are a couple pics.

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
Just bought my father's 1986 Choo Choo Customs El camino. It is in very good condition, with only 68k miles on it. He did have it repainted back in 2006 as it was a little scratched and dinged thru use as a pickup during construction of his house. In the process, things like the designer series door handle badges, SS decals, wheels and hood scoop were all removed. It was painted a Cadillac color, midnight blue metallic and silver two tone, it was originally all black with grey interior. It has been sitting for over a decade. I am slowly getting back together and back on the road. I just recovered the seats and headliner and put in new carpet. Just had the carb rebuilt and hope to have it running right again. Don't currently have a pic of the Choo Choo door decal to add to the registry. Will do that soon. In the meantime, here are a couple pics.
I finally remembered to get a pic of the Choo Choo door decal.

Attachments

641 - 650 of 650 Posts