El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing some help decoding a choo choo customs label to find out if it is a true choo choo customs elcamino.

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
Hi Lee, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Enjoy and have fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I am trying to find out if my car is a true CCC build. It has the choo choo glove box and front clip but other than that I am a little suspicious.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
do you mean the train emblem on the Dash above the glove box ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes you are right its above the glove box but I wanted to ask what it should say on the build sheet if its a real chooch. Does "conversion pkg" mean its a choo choo" also what is a Fisher option?

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Harold
Possibly this document from your garage will help.
See your other thread for info on correcting your images.
I also enhanced the contrast some for readability.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
710slim, On your build sheet in your garage, it shows the destination as Chatanooga TN in the lower left corner (when facing document).

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
710slim, On your build sheet in your garage, it shows the destination as Chatanooga TN in the lower left corner (when facing document).

https://www.elcaminocentral.com/images/dto_garage/users/90202/56580.jpg
Not always the case for Choo Choo cars. My Choo Choo build sheet was blank in the destination box. It does however say Choo Choo Custom in the last line of the most right column of option codes and descriptions.
My car is an early '83 before they used recert stickers.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Through deductive reasoning, even without the re-cert decal, I’d say you have a real Choo Choo. That destination address listed on your build sheet is Choo Choos address.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry it took so long to respond. Here's the recert sticker from the driver's side door jam. Thanks in advance for any help.
20190508_132737-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Lee, Maybe you could think about making or having made an overlay that would protect the existing recertification sticker . A "frame" type sticker that would only "stick" down around the outside edge of that "precious" recent sticker would sure help to preserve it. Congrats on your vehicle . WP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts