El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 'Choo Choo Customs Info' thread almost at 80,000 views now, I think a thread dedicated to displaying ECC Member's Choo Choo El Caminos would be a good idea. General Choo Choo discussion should still be posted on the other thread, but I figured this could be a place to give people restoring a Choo Choo (or looking for a Choo Choo to buy) guidance and ideas as to what is correct, and what may be modified. After all, Choo Choo did a lot of things different from year-to-year from vehicle to vehicle on these El Camino's.

So post a pic or pics, and list what is original from Choo Choo, and what is not original.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1985 Choo Choo IROC-S Pace Car #001
All original; no modifications since it left Choo Choo in 1985
No Re-Cert decal (wasn't meant to be sold)

Original Choo Choo features:
Candy paint and hand-painted graphics, roll bar, strobe lights, one-off 16" Centerline rims with special Goodyear tires that have NOT FOR SALE stamped in the sidewalks, Grant steering wheel, side pipes, cowl hood scoop.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Choo Choo El Camino display

Great idea!! I started doing research on the CCC production numbers(data base) in 2012. I currently have 279 units listed and 2 pending. At least 50+ members here are CCC owners. also collecting info from FB pages and CL listings. The 4950 CCC total production number is false. Highest unit found is #2269. Production appears to have stopped in August 1987.

I searched for quite a while to locate a good clean and affordable CCC. Having no success, I built a clone.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good , now what do I do
Just post some pics and list the original Choo Choo options. Also list anything that has been visually modified, so that people understand what is original and what is not. This is meant to be a resource thread for those who are looking to know what came from the factory on a Choo Choo, and what has been added later. This could also help Arthur keep track of what options, colors, etc were more common.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, my choo choo is an 87. Factory black exterior, grey bucket seats. I have 2 pics of the original paint before the previous owner painted it orange. Fortunately the door jam sticker is still intact and so is the glove box RPO tag. At some points someone pulled the train off the dash but the outline is still there. Let me figure out my photo bucket and I'll post some pics!

·
Registered
923 Posts
well I guess my best post would be for all to go to U tube and type in
''El Camino SS and Train . Someone at the MCACN show posted a video of my Choo Choo . Dont forget , please hit ''like'' :nanawrench:
Other than Tires , Battery ,muffler and tailpipe its all ''1986''.Well brakes and fluids are 2005.Car wax is 2016 as well as the left side marker bulb.
Does that count or am I being a wizeguy .My apologies ,it just comes out that way for the sake of conversational humor.:twisted:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

Rick Barnhill, Madison MS. 1983 Choo Choo Custon, black, burgundy interior,

·
Registered
81 Posts
Finally got some pics on my photobucket. I did not paint it orange, got it that way..

The black was the original paint. 1987 #2201

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

this is #2269, probably the last one made.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know you have the info on these cars, do you know the amount of black 87's made and white 87's? Was there any other color available in 87? Thanks!!
The white looks great too.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
for '87 I have 12 black/gray, and only 2 black with burgundy interiors. Twelve colors were offered; silver ,med. gray, black, lt blue, dk blue, light sage, yellow beige, lt chestnut, dk chestnut, med. red, dark red and white. From #2212 thru #2269 are all white/blue. totals for each specific color is not available.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

Got pic of this 1985 Choo Choo Custom #695 during Cruisin' the Coast 2013. I lost my notes so I don't have owner info. I think it's from Jackson, Miss. Black, burgundy interior, options - hood scoop, side exhaust shields(functional), bed rails, Rallye wheels.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

I checked both CL's. One had a pic of recert decal, added to data base. I sent the other one an e-mail. thanks.

PEB, I sent you a PM. 84

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
speedy86...decal says march 1985 CCC/EDS5 - 752/909968

1 - 20 of 37 Posts