El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my front clip on my '85 is a normal "caprice style" nose. And I like the way it looks... but there is something in my that makes me desire a choo-choo style front even though I don't really like it any better than my current front. I guess it's the fact that there is that option available and I don't have it that makes me want it.

I am really like the look of the rear pan instead of the bumper, I think that looks really nice.

I don't like at all the look of those "visors" that stick out above the winshield. Havn't seen many on elkys but the few I have I didn't really care for.

I was just wondering as far as body options on 5th gen's what does eveyone else like and dislike as far as looks go.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Choo Choo front end, ZR1 rear pan, cowl induction hood, hard tonneau cover, painted polar white, blue interior with buckets, 454 with a 4 speed and a partridge in a pear tree!...and oh yeah I should be able to pay for it in twelve more years of Christmas!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I like the caprice style. I prefer my cars to look stock and have aftermarket parts inside. If I found an elky that came with one or has one then of course I will bye it. But I have to say that I prefer the SS front end on a monte.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
I like them both ways. I've owned two Choo Choos. I don't like the chrome bumpers that much, but I especially dislike the rear chrome bumper.

I'd already have a hard bed cover if I didn't have to place extra screws in the bed body, but the Gaylord lids, which I like the looks of, require that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the SS style front ends, and I was going to go with a ZR1 roll pan. What I've decided to do is get some sheet metal and make my own roll pan and tailgate that's one piece. My 5th gen Diablo has a fuel cell, battery and 2 nitrous tanks in the bed, so there is no reason to be able to open the tailgate. I'm going to take the sheet of metal and smooth in the whole back of the Camino and then I can go to the junkyard and find whatever type of taillights that I think would look good and mold them in. Then I can put my license plate anywhere that I want to also. Of course I'm going to put a bed cover on it too, no reason for anyone to know that I'm carrying around 2 10# bottles of nitrous, kinda takes the fun outta having it. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
I love my crome bumber but I am going to put cad light on the back and run my exust through my bumper

·
1,867 Posts
I love the chrome bumpers. The choo choo nose is nice but it definitely is not for me. I dislike rear roll pans, besides you are asking for trouble driving in Charlotte with no rear protection!

·
Registered
349 Posts
i like the stock front ends personally. i painted the grille and headlight bezels black to match the car and it looks sweet. i also like the stock chrome bumpers.fiberglass ones are nice but they wouldnt hold up as well as stock ones in the event of a mishap.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have always loved the Choo Choo's! Had wanted one since I saw one for the first time when I was 14.. Now, 15 years later I have finished building the Elcamino SS of my dreams and have loved every minute of it! Ground effects, cowl hood and ZR1 Roll pan set it off just right and with the right 17" wheels and sport mirrors finishes it off! Now that my 80' is done it's time to start hunting for another Choo Choo front end for my 79'!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also like them both. but gm never sold any choo choos down here in Canada. so mine is pretty rare , my elky was brought back from California. so not many local people ever saw another choo choo elky. and every body asks me how i put a monte carlo ss front on my choo choo.

·
1,867 Posts
Storm, That looks great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts