El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to go with Cragars wheels but someone told me I would have to spent more money on brake drums, etc since so much would show through. I thought about that comment and now looking at the chrome rally wheels with the rally wheel cap and dish set. Found them in OPGI 15x7 112.95 each wheel and the cap and dish set 259.95. Does anyone have the above on your car or would much show if I went with the 610 Cragar series? Hope this all makes sense. :yell:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Lets see some pics of different wheels on your rides and how much of the brake and hub shows.

I am not able to see too much of the brake and rotor with these anyone else want to show theirs. I am not at home to take a close up of it from the side, I got this from my album.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
I only paid $90 each for the chrome rallys including the caps. Got the wheels with the proper 4" backspacing. Went with the derby caps and got them that don't say Chevrolet motor division on them since I have a GMC as well. Got them from Dave's Rally Wheels out in Cal. Just search corvette rally wheels to find him on the bay.
Oh...Total was $110 each with shipping to FL.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy, I looked at Dave's wheels, etc your center caps that don't say Chevrolet motor division which I would prefer also since my car is the GMC Caballero, and a show car, anyway you must have gotten plastic center caps or is there anyone that makes them in steel that's just plain as I would also prefer them. Hope I can see some gallery pictures. I was set on cragars but my buddy mention that alot would show from behind unless I replaced it ALL. That really seen a little too much at least at this time. I'm still confused on what to do. I know go with my heart and don't worry about the money. Michael in Virginia:yell:

·
Registered
497 Posts
i'd say go with the cragars. i'd paint the outsides of the drums and calipers a decent accent to your body color or the body color itself. just my opinion, though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Michael, Remember these wheels and tires i had on my 79 el camino? I had them on here for sell but done sold them. They where TORQ THURST II Alum wheels and they look great on the el camino. Here is a pic of my 70 ss chevelle with the chrome rally wheels on it with the metal center caps. Love these wheels and they are easy to take care of to. Be along time since i been on here. Great to see your still on here. Hows that window trim holding up for you ? Talk to you later, Larry :poke:
I was going to go with Cragars wheels but someone told me I would have to spent more money on brake drums, etc since so much would show through. I thought about that comment and now looking at the chrome rally wheels with the rally wheel cap and dish set. Found them in OPGI 15x7 112.95 each wheel and the cap and dish set 259.95. Does anyone have the above on your car or would much show if I went with the 610 Cragar series? Hope this all makes sense. :yell:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I'm a little slow but just picked your post off my e-mail account, FIRST, yes the window trim is holding up very well. Since chroming most of the engine last year, I'm now having the engine bay repainted from last years Mickey Mouse job I had done. The engine will be pulled so it's going to take as long as he wants. A friend told me about Walt's work so my trust is in his hands. Before he put's the engine back in, I will check it out. As usually I do ever thing backwards. Over all the car looks great since I've not really touched it since my back surgery last August. With a failed lower spinal fusion, I'm now wearing this Bone Growth Stimulator every day for 4 hours. Hope it works. Hows the wife, opps PM if you want of course Michael in South Boston, Virginia:You_Rock:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sorry I'm a little slow but just picked your post off my e-mail account, FIRST, yes the window trim is holding up very well. Since chroming most of the engine last year, I'm now having the engine bay repainted from last years Mickey Mouse job I had done. The engine will be pulled so it's going to take as long as he wants. A friend told me about Walt's work so my trust is in his hands. Before he put's the engine back in, I will check it out. As usually I do ever thing backwards. Over all the car looks great since I've not really touched it since my back surgery last August. With a failed lower spinal fusion, I'm now wearing this Bone Growth Stimulator every day for 4 hours. Hope it works. Hows the wife, opps PM if you want of course Michael in South Boston, Virginia:You_Rock:
Hi Michael, Glad to hear the window trim is still looking great and what about this Mickey Mouse engine bay painting you done? Not easy with the engine in there at all. With you havng the engine pulled out, it will be alot easyer to do and alot better job for sure. Hope your back get better and the wife is doing alot better now to. Has a nerve stimulator in here back now to. Me, I had a 2nd heart attack back last march!!:banghead: But i am ding good so far. Been along time since i got on here. Alot going on. Just checking out the el camino site and keep up dated. Will send pm when i can. YOu take care buddy and hope to see those pics of the new engine compartment when you get it done!!! :poke: Larry

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm sticking with the 15x8 GM rally wheels, beauty rings and flat center caps. The wheels aren't hard to keep clean and shine up with just a micro fiber detailing rag.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Lets see some pics of different wheels on your rides and how much of the brake and hub shows.
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z438/rdwinger/My 84 GMC Caballero/My84Caballero172.jpg
I am not able to see too much of the brake and rotor with these anyone else want to show theirs. I am not at home to take a close up of it from the side, I got this from my album.
Randy, do you know what those wheels are from -if not stock-, and what size tires should go on them?

I have the exact same wheels but they aren't stock to my "Lero and I'm fairly certain the tires on mine aren't right either.

--

When I first bought my cruck it had, I think, 15 inch Corvette rallies with the chrome centers and trim rings. They were pretty sharp. I'm kind-of sad they got sold.

Jeri~

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

Try www.originalrims.com They take original rims and make them as good as new and they have all the caps to match.:dontknow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts