El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 3 part series of the progress of cleaning a AFB carb with Simple Green.
I even threw in something extra for you guys to enjoy...:rockon:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
I noticed in the first 2 videos that you didn't mention it as part of the instructions on how to clean the carb, but you slam that thing around quite a lot. Is that part of the cleaning technique? Also, I couldn't help but to notice...YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS!! Chinooks, Bin Laden, 77 virgins...OMG you crack me up!!!:poke:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed in the first 2 videos that you didn't mention it as part of the instructions on how to clean the carb, but you slam that thing around quite a lot. Is that part of the cleaning technique? Also, I couldn't help but to notice...YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS!! Chinooks, Bin Laden, 77 virgins...OMG you crack me up!!!:poke:
Just spray it with SG and let it work it's magic,then rinse...:beer:
I banged it around because it an Edelbrock. lol. JK,I'm gonna see how it runs next week.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm gonna rebuild this for anyone who want to buy it!:beer:
3rd vid is the one to check for sure!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got up and ran the numbers,looks like I lucked up and scored a 750 Edelbrock.(1407) with electric choke. SUPER SCORE!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Nice and clean, cool.

As for the 77 virgins, nowhere do they tell you those are women.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..before you deside to blow yourself up,you might want to talk to this guy about the 77 virgins..( there all males):poke:

..keep up the videos,can't wait for the blooper reel to come out..:poke:
:beer::You_Rock::beer:

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep in mind,SG cleans rally caps and exhaust tips too.:beer:

·
Registered
137 Posts
on a side note anybody here use PURPLE POWER ?
we use this stuff all the time...the only advantage we found to simple green was
the smell....gotta love a cleaner that when hits a cut burns and when washed off
still feels like you just lost a couple layers of skin. GT

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
The 'purple' cleaners like super clean, greased lightning, purple power, and suma force/grease beast work really well.

Just dont get them on paint or aluminum.

What I've found that works the best is citranella(orange) based cleaners like de-solv-it and cirtra-clean.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to mention it also works on headers....:beer:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have to say that I would kill to have my El Camino with a Quadrajet run anywhere near as well as my T does with an Edelbrock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
the best cleaner for the price is a product called awesome sold at dollar store for a dollar a bottle, cleans any and eveything. dont leave in on paint long

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to say that I would kill to have my El Camino with a Quadrajet run anywhere near as well as my T does with an Edelbrock.
Have you taken it to Hot Rod Todd? The Qjet is the best carb once it's rebuilt right.
He's a member on here. PM me for more info.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
No, but it actually runs fairly well, considering. It's not computer controlled, and it gets passable mileage (18 mpg), but it just doesn't feel strong.

I have another Qjet I bought in Belton, and I may rebuild it and try it on the T to see what it does.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
carb tip

yo beast i got a tip for ya... open the balcony door walk outside and throw that
ede,,,,,,, in the dumpster, you will feel better i promise....:beer:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
yo beast i got a tip for ya... open the balcony door walk outside and throw that
ede,,,,,,, in the dumpster, you will feel better i promise....:beer:
Maybe I should take the T up to the Forest Lane cruise tonight and let Steel Beast drive it and feel what an 11-year old, untouched Edelbrock can feel like....

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Maybe I should take the T up to the Forest Lane cruise tonight and let Steel Beast drive it and feel what an 11-year old, untouched Edelbrock can feel like....
go for it .... bet it does run good doesnt weigh much huh??cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts