El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clear coat on the the hood is spidering and it's self in flicked. I'm waiting for summer to have it repainted when the weather is nice but i should have already done it. It's 10:00 am and it's hot in L.A. I was going to try this scratch cover up. I was stuck in the mountains because of a freak freeze and 80 in the day up by Big Bear and they graveled the road and I was crying listening to all the rocks hitting the paint below the doors. I took the Old English out and tried a spot on the hood and check this video out. I just wiped it on and off and this is what it did. I haven't put anymore yet or tried a little wax but I sure will today and post the results. This looks 200% better already. check out the video.

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Let me get this straight, you put Old English scratch cover over the clear and it hid it?
Keep us posted!!!
Donny

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Be sure to tell whoever repaints it so they know to go down to the metal and start over.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two days later still looks good but didn't try any polish yet I was putting in my elect. antenna:nanawrench:I was trying to darken some chips in the paint and it worked so I did the hood and it looks great till I get it painted. Make sure you wipe it dry!!!!!! pictures don't lie.

·
Registered
298 Posts
MY 2-cents ... I tried a scratch cover up stuff (as seen on TV)

Did it on my Corvette ... It got keyed 3 times. Got to be real careful with the heat of the day and the stuff being too think in the surface.
Also after a while it did become noticeable.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MY 2-cents ... I tried a scratch cover up stuff (as seen on TV)

Did it on my Corvette ... It got keyed 3 times. Got to be real careful with the heat of the day and the stuff being too think in the surface.
Also after a while it did become noticeable.

I tried that on one small scratch and threw it away.

·
Registered
17 Posts
HKDUP87
I can't see the video. Is it on photobucket, so a new member might get a chance to see the Old English at work. :nanawrench:

I have some clear coat issues on my top driver side of the cab. It is litterly pealing off. I need to cover it with something more than just wax to protect the paint.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HKDUP87
I can't see the video. Is it on photobucket, so a new member might get a chance to see the Old English at work. :nanawrench:

I have some clear coat issues on my top driver side of the cab. It is litterly pealing off. I need to cover it with something more than just wax to protect the paint.

I WILL BE RIGHT BACK WITH IT. Watch this if you haven't seen it HELL CAMINO. don't miss the last half. wrong one but this is hot. here is the hell

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HKDUP87

Here you go the O/E VIDEO click on picture.

I did my entire car and the paint came out a little darker but did a pretty good job.

:poke:

·
Registered
298 Posts
okay - dumb question ... incoming!

back a time or two ago we used to use transmission fluid on oxidized paint.

Wouldn't that basically do the same thing?

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay - dumb question ... incoming!

back a time or two ago we used to use transmission fluid on oxidized paint.

Wouldn't that basically do the same thing?
This was just a stupid dumb luck trying the o/e . Iv'e only used what they programed me to use but no more. It's probably made from corn like everything else.:poke:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Tranny fluid back in the day on acrylic lacquer. All that did was put the petroleum distilates back in the paint. As long as it wasn't white or tan, otherwise you'd tint the color.
All this Old English or anything else is doing is giving a gloss to the flat basecoat color. But it is also contaminating the paint. The paint will absorb it and when someone tries to paint over it they'll get fisheyes. They would have to strip or seal that area in order to refinish it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow that is crazy. :nanawrench:

I will have to look into that stuff. My paint job is so bad, im not sure it could hurt it.

Thanks for posting the other videos as well. The Chrome Mustange as very cool. Never seen anything like it. :beer:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok just got finished watching Hell Camino. :twisted: That was great! That Camino is rolling work of art. :twisted: From Hell!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts