El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall

I noticed as i slow down at stop lights as i pass cars i hear a clicking almost as if a can was tied to the back hitting the ground. But anyways it makes this noise repeatedly untill i completely stop it slows down the slower i go. About 15mph it clicks about every 3 seconds, 10 mph about every 5 seconds. Its not a loud sound, i can ony hear it when the windows are down.

Is it just my shoes or is it un even pressure of the pad pushing?? Sorry this may be a stupid question.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
no wear indicators on the rear shoes. it sounds like an out of round drum or warped rotor.i have heard some trans govenors do that when going real slow.does the noise go away when you cover the brakes ?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Do you have posi track? Some times the clutches make noise when they are not getting properly lubed. Just trying to think outside the box for you.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
good point but they would only make noise on turns when the posi has to slip one clutch or the other. did you tighten the tabs on the front pads ? they left loose can let the front pad click at low speeds

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got an open, pads are almost new. Doesnt sound like u-joints. It quits when itake my foot off

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Axle bearing maybe? Pebble in your tire? Got a plastic bag caught up behind the wheel? Broken shoe hold down spring/pin?
Why not just pull the wheel and drum and make sure everything is where it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts