El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received this email.....

BREAKING NEWS - HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS TO ATTEND SPRING SHOW

I apologize for the double mailing today but we have just been informed that Richard Lentinello, Editor-In-Chief of Hemmings Motor News, will be present at the Spring is Sprung show in Bayville this Sunday, 4/29. To use his words "...our goal is to publish a full feature on the event in the next issue of Hemmings Motor News."

So... if you want a chance to see your vehicle, car club, or company photographed and appear in Hemmings YOU NEED TO COME TO BAYVILLE on Sunday for the show. You surely don't want to miss this opportunity!

We will also be giving away full year subscriptions to Hemmings Classic Car and Hemmings Muscle Machines.

Sincerely,
New York AutoFest

HOW COOL WOULD IT BE TO NECOA"S REGION 1 FEATURED IN HEMMINGS???????

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Show info
April 29, Bayville, New York AutoFest Spring Is Sprung Lei'd Back Car Show At Stehli Beach, Open To All Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles, Show Vehicles $20, Goody Bags, Impressive Awards In Numerous Judged Classes & Best In Show, Live Music, Food, Vendors, 50/50, Major Sponsorships & Trophy Sponsorships Available, Spectotors $5, Under 12 Free, Info: Leo (516) 882-5022, Email info(at)nyqutofest.com Or Visit www.nyautofest.com

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So here's the plan. I can set up my 10' X 10' white pop-up canopy displaying our "NECOA" banner which I should have during the week. I'll bring a cooler and bottled water. I'll also have a 5 foot table. Bring your own chairs and you're welcome to hang out. I think I still have some NECOA stickers I can bring if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
You should have your banner in time. I think you should expect delivery on 4/25.
Yours will probably be the first to be displayed at a show. Be sure to take pics and post them on the site.

Jim

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim
Definately will post pics!

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Hope you get a meet together there Bobby! Oh and you can get medicine these days to help keep those thoughts of Rancheros away :poke:.

:beer:

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Bobby , This sounds very good and I hope that your region get some mention . As a suggestion , in Region 6 , Fl. we usually have 4 larger sized , cheaper plastic poster frames filled with El Camino photos and some NECOA stickers on them . The photos were cut out of the NECOA calendars from last year and three calendars that I cut up from this year . We use several of the spring type clamps to keep them upright in the wind . We also have a small stack of NECOA flyers/invites printed off ECC that we hand out and have a small sign that they are free for the taking . We also put a flyer on the seat of Caminos that may not be members and we introduce ourselves to them and invite them to park in with our group . Our directors and some members also have the NECOA business cards they give to people at the shows . Have a good time .

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Lenny I did pass out flyers this past weekend at belmont but there was only 6 other elkys and 4 were for sale so maybe 2 guys with a longer term interest.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Best of Luck......................

Best wishes on a successful show, Bobby. Do you have invitations that John Harris or I can send out for you?..................Ken :poke: :beer:

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Ken no invitations.

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Anybody?
This thread has had 78 views some of them must be from members in the area?

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So we got 6 responses from how ever many invitations went out. Four members from the other side of the state. Way too far for me. They are probably 10 hours or more away.
One member who sold his elky asked to be removed from our list. And one member who has another event this Sunday and can't make it but wants to be notified of future events and will probably show up at some.
So I guess it comes back to just looking for elky owners at the local shows and talking up the club.
I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
144 Invites went out.................

I sent 258 Invitations out, Bobby. Maybe some will just show up. Don't lose your drive to succeed......................Ken :beer: :You_Rock: :beer:

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not at all, Ken! I'll just find NEW friends!

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Back from the show. Somewhat disappointing. Only one elky there, mine. Well two but Leo's wasn't entered since it's his show. Fairly decent turnout I guess. Maybe 80 or so cars? Kind of hard to tell because it was a bit spread out. Had a DJ playing all day and a few food vendors.
The lot was right off the beach so a bit cold and very windy. I couldn't set up my pop-up canopy because I didn't have anything to anchor it with.
Strange classes and awards. My elky was in a class with 2 mid -late 70's camaros. Only one award for each class. One of the camaros got that. It was a real nice car and highly modified. I was placed in a modified class due to dual exhaust. Hardly "modified" but then again not technically stock either. On the other hand there was about 8 classes for vettes and it seemed as if every vette owner won. They probably didn't, but it sounded like it. Lots of really nice cars went home empty handed. It's a shame really. Some very nice cars from the 60's got nothing while 2010 mustangs and challengers, and a camry win. The camry had cool electronics and video screens, etc.
I've been to many shows over the years but have never been to one where there were no first, second and third place awards. I've even been to shows where there was a fourth place in each category. That might be a bit of a stretch with four though.
On a positive note I did meet another member. melcamino85 was there w/o his car but we talked for a while. Nice guy, looking forward to seeing his supercharged 85 in person.
Never did get to see the people from Hemmings although during the awards presentation they mentioned that they were there and were going to do a full page on the show in their next issue.

·
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since I couldn't hang the banner from the canopy, I decided this was the best alternative....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts