El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there i just bought an 83 el camino ss royal knight from my grandpa and it seems to sit really low i was wondering if they had a problem with the springs sagging

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im pretty sure hes not into lowriders...but maybe... no its just been hangin around for a long time figured they were just sagging...i want it kinda tall and give a little stance maybe some bigger wider tires on the rear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another question...what exactly does that computor crap control?... if i was to drop a carburated 350 in it would it screw stuff up?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but if i dropped a 350 in it that doesnt need those controlled will it mess up the computer or turn lights on

·
Venerated Member RIP
2,918 Posts
Then the 350 with a non-computerized carb and a non-computerized HEI distributor would be fine in your cruck. You will probably have to get one of the kits to handle the lock-up torque converter as the factory one is handled by the ECM, tranny mike, is the sites transmission expert, he will probably chime in on that part.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
I just installed new AC Delco G-body rear springs with Air lift 1000 assets bags & it has a nice stance !!

·
Registered
81 Posts
A cheap and easy to solve it is to go to a junk yard, find a Buick, Oldsmobile or Pontiac stationwagon. Get the rear springs and install them, no more leaking air shocks or air bags. Towing capicity increasses three fold and the stance is just right :nanawrench:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts