El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 corvette 350 tpi motor and i was wondering if their was a way to put on a cold air intake. It has an oval throttle body and i was wondering if their was a way to turn it into a normal circle so that i can put a normal cold air intake on it.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Cold air intakes are for Hondas lol, but they do make intake kits for that engine

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol i know but my air filter sits on top of the fans and i want to keep the filter away from all the hot air from the engine and fans. The intakes i have seen are like a three headed intake and they sit just as close to the fans. If you could link me to a different intake that you or anyone else knows about that would be much appreciated.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
May want to check our Summit Racing as they sell Spectre intake kits and parts . Perhaps Google Spectre`s site also .

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
tpis has everything you need, they set me up the cold intake for my malibu with tpi and it has the same oval throttle body

·
Registered
257 Posts
spectra has a 72 el camino that they built i saw it at the car craft show here in MN. they took out the hi beam head light and put the inlet for the cold air in it's place verrrrry cool or shold i say cold. but they had a ls6 and it went half way through the fire wall soooo yah. but check their web site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts