El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 Conquista with the automatic on the column. The gear select knob is loose and I would like replace it. The factory knob has groves in it and has a chrome end. If anyone knows the part number or can tell me where it find one I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance..Joe

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i have a great cond o.e column shifter 20.00 shipped.pm me if interested.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,960 Posts
Welcome from Florida !! :florida: Got any pics ?
GM part # 470205 ! Hard to find !! I do have a NOS one !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't post pictures on threads but I have some in my album. Original paint, interior, engine etc with only minor issues. Just delivered from Colorado...Joe

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ya they do come off. Mine did all the time. If its in good condition, just loose, consider doing what I did. Take the knob off, wrap black electrical tape around the end of the shifter 1-2 times depending on how loose the knob is, then put it back on over the tape. Should be tight and if done right no tape will show.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ya they do come off. Mine did all the time. If its in good condition, just loose, consider doing what I did. Take the knob off, wrap black electrical tape around the end of the shifter 1-2 times depending on how loose the knob is, then put it back on over the tape. Should be tight and if done right no tape will show.
Mine too:)

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
On my column knob. (70) I was able to get a replacement from the help section at the parts store.
I put a small dab of yellow wetherstripping glue on the end of the stalk and let it sit till it got tacky then put the knob on and let it set overnite.
Bad news is the ones at the parts store are black.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts