El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 El Camino that needs a new(er) shift lever. None of the usual suspects-Elcaminostore, OPGI, Ecklerx or Classic Chevy have it. Any suggestions? This is a refurb project as opposed to a restoration. Thanx.

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts
Hi Cle4890, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I don't know if this is what you like, mine went bad, so I put in a B&M Mega shifther. It works nice in my 78. Enjoy and have fun.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,713 Posts
Welcome from Florida
Nobody makes new ones

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I put in a Megashifter and pulled my original, I think I still have it behind the seat. It's still in working order but has the usual rust spots they all get. It shouls polish up with some steel wool. You can have it if you want it. Just send me shipping cost.

Joe

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I put in a Megashifter and pulled my original, I think I still have it behind the seat. It's still in working order but has the usual rust spots they all get. It shouls polish up with some steel wool. You can have it if you want it. Just send me shipping cost.

Joe
Yep, still have it. Actually in better shape than I remembered.

Joe WIN_20200703_17_54_06_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
362 Posts
been looking for billet shift lever for 84, can never find the correct adapter/tip
Anyone find a replacement???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts