El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a column shift on my 79 right now but I would like to swap it to floor shift as I am switching to bucket seats and would also like the center console is this a difficult swap? I dont want to have to swap the tranny or anything yet. What year should i look for in the donor car. I am also swaping out the dash so if I could get all the stuff from one car that would be great. Any info, diagrams, or suggestions would help greatly.

Thanks
ga79elky

·
Registered
123 Posts
Floor Shifter...

Hey ga79elky, my 59' was a 6 cyc. with 3 on the tree, I got it with a 350 & a Powerglide, someone had put a floor shifter out of a 64' Malibu (it was broken) in it, so I got a Hurst Indymatic shifter & replaced it, it was easy. You prob have a TH350 or TH400, I'd do the easyest thing...get a B&M shifter with a cable. It's easy & you only have to put about a 1" hole in the floor (under the counsel) & they work great! B&M have lot's of different style's to choose from & you don't have to drop the tranny to hook it up! They have great deal's on eBay...If you need more info, feel free to e-mail me. Hope this help's..."SKULL"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts