El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1981 400 4-Speed
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:
Up for sale is the complete 10 bolt rear end out of my 1981 El Camino (including brakes). It came in my car when I bought it last fall. My car is a 1981 El Camino with factory non-overdrive 4-Speed transmission. At some point in it's life, someone installed a 4.10 gear and posi carrier. I included the best pictures I could so the buyer could determine what brand the carrier is. Based on the pics it looks to be either an Eaton or GM style carrier with a 4.10 ring and pinion, but I see no brand stampings so please use your best judgement. This rear end worked fantastic, didn't whine, clunk or make noise. It would be ideal for something with an OVERDRIVE TRANSMISSION.........but sucked A$$ in my 4-speed, non-overdrive El Camino. I recently did a rear axle swap, and want to see someone get this on their vehicle.

I am located in Richmond Virginia, so plan to come pick it up, since it's a .....REAR END. I'm not able to ship it. And I really would prefer the buyer come look at it and inspect it themselves to verify fitment and condition. I can send or post more pics on request. $400.00 cash and come take it home.

Thanks, Neil
(bikerlaw)

Attachments

·
Registered
1981 400 4-Speed
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beige80:
Right now I have a buyer. If in the next couple weeks the deal falls threw, I'll hit you up. I have no idea how I could ship this axle as it weighs over 100 pounds. How far away are you? Is it reasonable to drive the distance, or do you live on the west coast?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I live in east texas
Strap it on a pallet
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts