El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well.. they always say, "I hit a Deer". After my encounter I am going to say the Deer hit me! Thank God we have a huge after market. Also Gotta give a shout out to American Collectors Ins. Might get in trouble for a plug but folks so worth having Collector Car insurance!
So going from my Matte Black picture with the huge dent with Flames to a 67 Vette Marina Blue (Vette pic). So here are a few fun pics where I was and where I am at now. Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 12.16.23 AM.png MRZE6947.jpg IMG_3761.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,317 Posts
Sorry about that. Looking forward to seeing it's progress.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting it ready. Take it all the way apart. Guy that is painting it also works with a friend of mine that SEMA invites to bring cars the Show. I figured he would probably be a good bet to do a great job. Have seen his work many times.
One of the best things about doing this is finding out that my effort to fly to CA buy it and drive it back to MO paid off. This car has astonished my body/paint guy with no rust! Yahoo! Never know until you start taking paint off. Paint was really sad on it. Runs everywhere. Amateur for sure. Windows were leaking and obviously installed badly because there is no Channel Rust either. Great sold car! Very happy! I thought it was with the smugglers box as solid as it is. Like my Brick- et seat?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,317 Posts
I'm glad you've got a knowledgeable guy working on it. Glad you don't have a rust issue. Best of luck getting it back together right.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad you've got a knowledgeable guy working on it. Glad you don't have a rust issue. Best of luck getting it back together right.
Bagged and tagged it all. I did the de-construction.. This will be my second car doing this.. Here is my first -

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the good will! Yah it is a job getting them back together. OPGI, Ausley's Chevelle parts are a Gods send! While it is apart I am doing the POR-15 coating of all surfaces that would be an issue in the future, Lower front fenders inside the doors, front cowl area. Did this on my Beetle and it was solid after owning it for 15 years and selling it for a profit after building the engine twice ( Stroker, Cam, Heads, Carbs.. 150hp fast!) and fixing a fender in a mishap. Thank God for Barrett Jackson increasing the value of these cars!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update. Got all the door jams and non exterior body parts painted. Going to a paint booth for that. Looks amazing however. My body guy is so good!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks GREAT! He's doing a great job! Great to see another 65 coming along....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts