El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came into possession of a stroker motor with a serpentine setup. The compressor is now on the passenger side. Any body have an idea of what hose application i might use so i dont have 3 ft of excess hose laying about ? Thanks guys !!!

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
The G Body a/c hose assemblies have a crimped band instead of a ferrule where the rubber meets the aluminium. These bands may be cut off, and the hose shortened to length. Have an a/c shop recrimp the hose on to the fittings, (would be a good time to change out the rubber.) This would be easier than trying to scare up an assembly to fit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help !! you guys are a lifesaver..and im assuming i can convert from r12 with no problem ?

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Yup.

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I did that conversion several years ago, I installed a Camaro condenser that has the fitting on the passenger side. This allowed me to get rid of all the hoses going back and forth across the radiator. Any competent a/c shop can build the new short hoses you'll need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It entered my mind about using a camaro setup for the hoses.......but not the condenser...makes sense...thanks !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts