El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
637 Posts
what Cam? didn't see anything listed, I'm glad Illinois doesn't test cars older then 1990 anymore, of course mine always passed. I would think more information is required to answer your question.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
Kind of a high rpm range on that cam for the street

· Registered
1966 El Camino
2,294 Posts
Someone just told me that this cam will not pass emissions!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get another opinion please. I was told this was a fairly mild cam.:dontknow:
I hate to say it but whoever told you this was a mild cam either didn't understand the intended usage of the cam, or they flat out lied. I wouldnt call this a mild cam for the 350 it was originally designed for, let alone putting it into a smaller displacement motor.

· Registered
131 Posts
Agree with everything here. That cam won't pass, and personally, I wouldn't use that aggressive in anything I'd be driving on the street. But that's just me! As far as power, we don't know what else your running on that motor as far as performance upgrades, so it's hard to guess. Here in Texas we don't have to worry about emissions, so of course, all the smog crap went in the scrap pile with the old 267! :texas:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.