El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In process of restoring my console in my Gbody El Camino. Every ready to go back together and noticed the place where a spring should be! Not sure what it looks like, part number or how it fits Photos of it in place and a part number would really help.
Thanks

Mac

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,776 Posts
guess the lid comes as assembly & can not buy just the spring ?
There is not a break down of the lid assembly in the parts catalog

·
Registered
321 Posts
I think I have the bottom half of 1. plus the metal stop . I do not remember a spring being in there. The only spring I remember is the one on the shift handle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a photo of the two places I would think that the spring goes. But have no idea of what it looks like. Maybe a coil or torsion,spring.. Anyone know what goes in the two little holes??

Thanks

Mac
IMG_3924.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a used lid that the hinge is broken. it has a spring at the location you identified. Once my new lid is received , I can remove the spring from the old one and mail it to you. Supposed to receive the new lid by the end of the week. Send me a PM with your name and address and I will put the spring in an envelope and mail it to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a used lid that the hinge is broken. it has a spring at the location you identified. Once my new lid is received , I can remove the spring from the old one and mail it to you. Supposed to receive the new lid by the end of the week. Send me a PM with your name and address and I will put the spring in an envelope and mail it to you.
Thanks. I didn’t have any luck finding one. I really appreciate you taking the time to mail it. Larry McNeil
486 Enenezer Church Rd
Fayetteville Ga 30215
Hope this is a PM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the spring James. Really appreciate you sending it. Now I just need to figure out how it fits!!
Any one have a photo of one installed?
Thanks
Mac

·
Registered
12 Posts
Found this. Looks like the same spring and has a video including installing the spring .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts