El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I bought used console mounts. I used the search cant find any pics. Does anyone have pics of installed console mounts??? thanks

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hopefully these pictures help/

Let me know if you need more details as I am in the midst of the same project. The above pics are from various forums etc that I accumulated to do my changeover from column to floor shoft.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Xcookpac, since you are going from colum to console, how do you plan on handling the wiring for the neutral safety switch and backup lights?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Xcookpac, since you are going from colum to console, how do you plan on handling the wiring for the neutral safety switch and backup lights?
I have a factory steering column from an EC with floor shifter. This "new" column has the linkage/wiring for the neutral safety switch. Just so that its clear, with the factory setup, there are two ("2") linkages to the transmission input shaft. The first shifter linkage is the steel rod hanging off the ear of the steering column under the hood (which eventually attaches to the trans selector shaft). The second linkage is the cable from the shifter to the trans input selector. First linkage provides locking steering wheel and neutral safety switch.

You may also want to look at this link.
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=51363

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have posted some pics of the steel rod linkage (and the shifter cable linkage) from the bottom and also have posted pics of the bushings that frequently wear out. Apparently these bushings should be replaced at the time of the conversion. I have not ordered the bushings (or spring) yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts