El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this engine is out of a 94 g20 van. its a 5.7 and looks really nice in the elky. the picture is on the pass side just in front of the starter and i noticed coolant leaking on to the exhaust. im afraid to clean it bc im afraid of what i may find. the driver side has a bolt in this spot. anyone ever encounter this? a side note: i just bypassed my heater core b/c i could never get pressure in the top rad hose and would smell coolant when i used the heater. well now i have been able to get pressure and i have found this :neutral:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Jess,thats a real odd place for a coolant leak,there is a freeze plug behind the starter,that you cant see unless you remove the starter,if its leaking there it can run along the lip of the pan ,it just looks to be a build up in that area,kinda strange ! pull the starter and check the freeze plug ! :texas:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Should have a threaded plug on the right side too. Can't tell much from your picture, almost looks like someone brazed the hole. Bad photo or more likely, my eyesight.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i have some down time i will crawl back under there and try to find the source. thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts