El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After running around on a hot day I heard a drip hitting the concert in my garage after I shut it off i held my hand underneath the drip and it was coolant from what I could see it looked like it was coming from the passenger firewall I think my heater core is suspect or the hoses are cracked anyone have an alternative theory or can confirm this has happened to them before

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Change out the hoses, and if that doesn't cure the leak by-pass the heater core and if that stops your leak you will have found the problem!

Joe

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Change out the hoses, and if that doesn't cure the leak by-pass the heater core and if that stops your leak you will have found the problem!

Joe
One other thing is if your heater core is leaking you should be smelling hot anti-freeze in the cabin.

Joe

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
unless you already done it, you might as well dig into the air flow box cowl cover, the blower motor, and clean everything out under the hood while you are at it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a bad heater core. The new one went in took me about an hour thanks for the advice shes back on the road

1 - 9 of 9 Posts