El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, I will be putting items I no longer need from my 1969 El Camino in this one thread. All parts will be free if picked up, or if you live to far away to come get them, for the price of shipping.

I will be dribbling the parts into this thread as I am sure I no longer need them. The object to get rid of the parts and clear my basement of old parts. If you see something you like please speak up quickly. If no one tells me they want something within a couple of weeks, the part is going to the recycler or the dump.

So, having said all that ... here we go with the first set of parts.

Copper

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wheels

What we have here are the four wheels I pulled off the El Camino. There are three 14x7's and one 14x6. It's a pity they weren't a matched set, but they are what they are.

The wheels appear to be true and in reasonable shape. All are in need of a good cleaning and a coat of paint. One has a tiny little bent place right on the lip, barely noticeable.

I don't know if anyone is interested in 14's anymore, but if you are, here is a set at a good price ... free.

Copper

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I think you're supposed to measure from inside the rims. If so, yours are probably 14x6 and 14x5.

Jack

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're supposed to measure from inside the rims. If so, yours are probably 14x6 and 14x5.

Jack

OK then ... three 14x6 and one 14x5. I've never even heard of a 14x5. Either way, I wish they were a matched set.

CopperTop

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
The actual size is usually stamped into the rim somewhere in the circumference, visible with the tire off.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The actual size is usually stamped into the rim somewhere in the circumference, visible with the tire off.

I just looked and didn't see any stamping. But if the stamping is small, I might not be able to see it. The ol' eyes aren't what they once were.

Multi-focal glasses are the work of the devil. They make things almost clear enough to read.

Copper

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going ... Going ... Gone!

The 14-inch wheels are no longer available. I hauled them to the scrap yard yesterday where I was paid the princely sum of $4.85. Hardly worth the effort.

I'm not surprised no one wanted these things. Hopefully there will some more interesting parts coming up in the near future.

Copper

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anything else? I might even have something to trade.
Donny

There will be a lot of stuff, but the fabricator wants to hang onto everything until his part of the build is complete. In his words, "In case I need a clip or something."

A lot of it may not be worth anything, but there may be a jewel hiding in there. The problem is I don't really know the diamonds from the coal, so I will just list everything. Like the wheels. If someone wants them, great ... if not, in the trash heap they go.

Some of the stuff that I remember and will be available is a dash, instruments, a few bits of trim and sheet metal ... I don't know what else. I will put it all up here a few pieces at a time until it is all gone ... either to someone who wants it, or to the dump.

Just remember, a lot of this stuff may look like poo ... which is why I am replacing it in the first place. If you want to try to guess what might be available, go back and look at the first batch of pictures and see if there is something in there that catches your eye.

I wish I could answer your question better, but until I can pry that stuff out of the fabricator's hands ...

Copper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts