El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,841 Posts
I looked into putting some C5 wheels on my '86 last year. To make them fit, it would have required a ridiculously large spacer to make it work. The only other way would have been tubbing, which I'm not going to do. I ended up getting some American Racing TQ-M's in 17x8. However, I understand that C4 wheels are an easier fit, and can work on a 5th gen without spacers. The C5 (and most likely the C6 wheels, since I believe they have the same back spacing) wheels back spacing is all wrong for a 5th gen. Not sure about the G8. I do know that most camaro & firebird wheels will work, especially the 3 gen.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,841 Posts
Yes, I've seen one in person w/ C5 wheels. Had to use big spacers and longer studs. Not advisable or safe, especially if you have a lot of HP. Just 'cause you can do something, it doesn't mean you should.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok for those who might be interested... or just curious.. here is a 18" G-8 wheel.
i measured it and it would need about a 2" spacer and longer studs to make it work. i think it is ok looking but not really what i want. but luckily i work at buick pontiac gmc and we have a few g8 wheels laying around and i had the chance to see if i liked it!

but im not going to use them. i just want some cool 17" alloy rims with fat tires in the back.

these are 14's

and these are 18s

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have C6 wheels on my 85 EL and I have some huge spacers, i just got rid of the spacers, I put a C4 rearend in my EL so gotta come up with something for the front, but the spacers are about 4" if not a little bigger, had them on the truck for 3 years now.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have seen Monte Carlos with the Corvette wheels and I believe that they were running 2" spacers. That is a lot of spacer
That seems about right for the fronts, but the 19" rears would need 3-3.5".

When you have to move the wheel out that much, it's better to use an adapter than a spacer.

I'm planning to put these wheels on my '73 when (or before) I do my brake upgrade. Nothing smaller will clear the 14" rotors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to fit a C6 wheel on my 83 El Co, we already knocthed the chasis for clearance, But I don't know if I will have to cut inside the be bed when we try to drop it completely with bags, also wondering if I need a different rear wider rear end?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts