El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I couldn,t say for 100% positive, but most likely. I fit universal aircraft latch style belts into my 83, no big deal. I just need to use 2 hands now, no stiffner from latch to floormount. Streetrod places like Roddoors & Julianos sell belts in gm or aircraft latch styles. Your choices are shoulder or lap type.
Ps, I noticed they were listed as non retractable, are yours?
http://julianos.com/seat_belts.html

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I have some aftermarket Honda looking belts which have a red button, they drive me crazy! They are non retractable lap belts. I'm thinking to get a nice set like in the ebay listing and then add boots (I also do not have those).

I guess retractable would look cleaner and I wouldn't have to worry about length as much. Don't retractables cost like $200+? Also, does anyone have what size belts I would need for a bench seat? I would like 3 belts accross, not just the driver belt and passenger belt that does 2 people.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I'll try again since no one else has. I,ve never paid attention to what 71's came with ,if triple lap belt only. Your only choice for center is lap belt in standard or retractable. You don't have a lenght choice that I've seen, you just adjust it . universals are listed for bench or bucket. Haven't noticed different lengths for shoulder belts , which mount 3 point ,universals are listed as retractable or non-retractable.
Roddoors that I ordered from is out of business, check out the julianos link I posted & call them for advice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure now they would fit too. I'm still contemplating what belts to buy. I have a bench seat, manual transmission car.

My options are that I could go with three lap belts (right now I have the drivers belt and a single belt that covers two spots -passengers and middle). I need three belts because the long belt won't safely fit my sons car seat and my wife. Would three lap belts fit fine ...ie are there anchors to fit them properly (I'm being a bit lazy by not checking)?

Or I go with a retractable drivers side belt and the two lap belts for middle and passengers.

What would you guys do? Uniformity of all three belts being the same? Convenience of a retractable drivers seat? Any reason why 3 belts wouldn't fit without modification?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Your best bet may be just universal belts from Summit or Jegs, or any of a number of other places that cater to street rods and such. The best bet to figure out the size is just to measure, get some string or a flexible sewing type measuring tape and connect the points you decide for anchors and with you in the seat strap it out. Give it 4-6 more inches when you order so you have some room to grow, or so others can be assured to fit too should they need to drive/ride in it. I only mention the "give some extra room" part because I'm a big guy, but I can fit pretty much any stock seat belt, but when it comes to some of the universal stuff skinny people put into their hot rods it can get embarrassing to have to say, "oh, I can't seem to fit". lol :nanawrench:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a follow up guys, I bought two pairs of the corvette belts (sold in sets of two and I wanted three belts for my bench). They were totally worth the money! I ordered black belts, they have a great matte aluminum buckle with chrome accents and a really nice GM logo. They are also made in the USA, tested and safety compliant. They also came with ancoring kits (which I didn't need). Highly recommended product. If anyone wants to see installed pics let me know and I'll post them.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Ok so you have the mounting for the 3rd belt figured out now? Hope so. I have a pic of some 3rd gen belts (black) if you want to look to compare.

:beer:

I can never stick pics to these replies...Have to downsize first...Just e-mail me if you want and I'll send it. [email protected]

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
:rockon: Good deal! Especially for having the good car seat placement.....That is best on the Right with the wife in the middle. The little ones in car seats do like to grab at shifters...lol

:beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts