El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slowly restoring my interior, and there's a few small things that have been bugging me that I'm itching to fix. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction..

• I'm having trouble finding clips for my dash plate? Some of them are broken, so the dash plate won't sit snug.
  • Anyone know where I can find the spring that resets your turning signal lever?
  • Is there a way to remove the trip odometer knob? There's a crack in the plastic covering my instrument cluster, and I'd like to replace it, but I can't get it off with the knob in the way.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,953 Posts
There is a little screw holding the trip knob ! I think it's called a barrel nut ! You need a tiny screwdriver !

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,953 Posts
Are you talking about the long passenger dash bezel or the gauge dash bezel ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh!! Haha, sorry.
The gauge dash bezel.
I think the previous owner probably cracked the plastic over the gauges at the same time as the gauge dash bezel clips, looks kinda like he may have just tried to pry it off and it didn't co-operate.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,953 Posts
I have some of the 1st pic & I will check to see if I have any of the other ones !
Maybe somebody else has some ! :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Not sure where to get them new....but I just checked and I've actually got quite a few here. Shoot me a PM so we can work it out if you want. Cluster should use three of these across the top.

Kevin

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, that's 2 problems solved! :You_Rock:
And I found the turning signal spring!
But I'm probably going to have to take a few things apart to put it in. :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Ahhhhh, this is why I love this site! :You_Rock:

What in the world would I do without you guys? :nanawrench:

Thats an easy one to answer, same thing I did.

:banghead:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
I've only been to the mechanic once sense I joined and that was after my motor swap to fine tune it but that was wasted money.:let_it_all_out::let_it_all_out: so I'm doing it myself with my 20,000 strong pit crew. If I can do it anybody can just ask the question..:You_Rock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts