El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted recently. I think it might have been posted a while ago. The company Covans Classic makes aftermarket dash guages for cars, well they are going to be making a dash kit for 5th gen Elky's starting in the middle of next year... Just wanted you guys/gals to know... :cool:

P.S. There aren't any pics yet on the website...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feel free to move it, if your software allows it.... :oops:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Kool177 said:
Feel free to move it, if your software allows it.... :oops:
Hey Ken;

No, that wasn't the point. It's just funny because I thought it might be a cool idea if someone had mentioned it to them....looks like someone already did. :D

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Um ....Pete

Dakota is way too spensive. I think we're talking about bezels and dash inserts here which might be a little more reasonable for that custom look.
Sign me up for some carbon fiber! :cool:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Yes but... They give you everything you'll need to do the conversion including sending units. The Speedo is adjustable (Calibratable) without having to worry about the Drive and Driven gears in the transmission.

So for everything you get it really is not all that horible of a price. I wished I could afford one. I'd have it in a second. But for those of us who are not rich then a bit more imagnation is needed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the look of the Dakota Digital guages, but I really like the look of the Covan's Classic Guages... It just looks a little more tougher that the electronic guages... 8)

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
That I'm aware of the Covan stuff is setup for Autometer gauges. I don't think they do anything that works with stock stuff. Usually you can get the dashes without getting gauges from them but you still have to get them somewhere. I'm not really too sure what they can do for say the 5th gens as there is not that much room. Trust me I spent a lot of time trying different layouts before doing my setup. And even if they come up with a completely different pod setup how will it match the other bezels? Some of the earlier gens might have more room but in then in the posts I've seen about it no one has said what gen(s) they are working on.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had talked to them (back in june 2003) they were talking about a pod for 78/87 G-body's,as for the finished look,it was still undetermined,but it would hold auto-meters, or any 3"3/8 and 2- 1/8 gauge set-up and have enough depth to make the gauges work, i have purchased one for my new project a 68 Camaro, the work and detail on the product is A+ Iam waiting for the release of the elky's to come out,but when i called them last month they said they were not sure when. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts