El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys;

I just happened on to a set of the Cowl Induction emblems that I want to install on my Goodmark hood. Anyone got a good side shot of thier hood with these installed.

Are they mounted down the center line of the cowl or level with the plain of the hood?

What's the measurement from the back edge of the hood to the first letter?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cowl Induction Emblems

I recently installed a Goodmark steel hood on my 87 and it fit perfect.I also wanted to put on the emblems to really set off the raised dome.As far as where to locate them,I tried different locations and decided that I liked 6 in. from the far rear and centered them on the side.I just posted some of my pictures today on members cars, one showing the front view with the hood and emblems,check it out.I drilled holes to mount mine,but some pefer to cut the pins off and use the adhesive. Hope this was some help. 87Last1

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terry;

I checked your pictures, very nice El Camino! Curious about one thing on your emblems. It looks like they're aligned with the top edge of your cowl, is that correct?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cowl Emblems

87 SS, It only looks like that in the picture,they are very close to the center.You may notice that I also run them the same angle of the dome instead of keeping them level. I placed them both ways with clear tape just to see what they would look like and chose the angle,but its what ever you like.I tried to be close to the 70 SS Chevelle hood. 87Last1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cowl induction parts

This is for 87last1: Just wondering if your cowl induction is functional and if so what's the list of parts needed, where'd you get'em, cost, and is the cowl "open" all the time or do you have some kind of hook-up that only opens up when you stomp on it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cowl Induction Parts

SneakyPete;As far as I know,no one offers a functional "Flapper" type hood like the 70-72 EL Caminos and Chevelles.These Goodmark hoods are like the standard SS dome hoods with no moving parts. Fresh air enters the rear of the dome like the early Camaro cowl hoods.Also you need to cut the factory insulation above the air cleaner to allow the fresh air in.I can`t tell if it performs any differnt but it looks GOOD: 87Last1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts