El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
66 El Camino, with CPP discs all the way around. I think the regular upgrade, not the big brake kit, because it has 15" wheels (bought it like this). Anyway, after sitting for seven months while on deployment, my rear brakes started dragging while I was out driving. By the time I was able to pull over and check it out, my rear rotors were glowing. Now I am going to change out the calipers, rotors, and pads, and flush all the brake fluid.

My question, what parts do I need to order? They look like a regular GM caliper and rotor, but what car do I look up to get the right parts? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
You might consider replacing any rubber brake hoses. They might have collapsed internally thus preventing brake fluid from returning out of the calipers after the brake pedal is released.

Rick

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Do it again and then crack your bleeders open and see if they release.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody for the replies. I guess I worded my question poorly, I was wondering if anyone knew what make, model, and year I would need to look up for replacement parts. I sent an email to CPP to see if they give me the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts