El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got done installing the XR-i in my '69 El Camino. After the initial installation (literally just putting it in place and connecting it to the + and - of the coil), I fired up the car and it ran like total @$$. It was late in the evening so I decided to go change the timing the next day (today) and man what a difference! The car runs about twice as smooth. I haven't noticed any more power, but I don't think that's what the module was designed to do. I actually retarded the timing further than what I originally had it set to, which oddly-enough was around 8 degrees. 10 degrees made the car spit and sputter like crazy. But now that I got it running smooth by adjusting the timing, the car runs a LOT better.

The XR-i is well worth the money and it's a breeze to install. Even though the instructions SUCK, the installation was really easy once you figured out what you needed to do.

·
1,867 Posts
I have had no experance with the XR but I am totally sold on MSD boxes. I have installed over a dozen of these boxes on various types of cars for me & others with positive results on all. I have had a MSD-6a on my Camino for many years now. A noticable increase in power, 2 to 4 MPG increase, & greatly reduced emmisions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts