El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of these listed on eBay, but they all say NOT compatible with my '83 Elky. Was there a change in these from '83 to '84?

·
Registered
109 Posts
The wiper switch was on the dash until 84 im pretty sure does your 83 have it on the column? If it does it may have a later steering column in it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm fairly certain there was a change from mechanically controlled Cruise to electrically controlled Cruise during the 5th Generation of Elky, so then the stalk and it's interfaces would not be the same between the two years of the change, plausibly, 83 and 84.

Maybe search out mechanically controlled g-body cruise stalks?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look the same

So the one I have looks exactly like the ones pictured even down to the wiring. Mine is on the column, but I have no way of knowing if the column is from a different vehicle.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and this is definitely an electronic cruise lever, but I don't know if the cruise control package on the engine is electronic or mechanical.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The wiper switch was on the dash until 84 im pretty sure does your 83 have it on the column? If it does it may have a later steering column in it.
My 83 has it on the column.....

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
82-83 were mechanical/transducer sytle systems, and had three wire cruise switch with one of them a resistance wire. 84 on up has four wire and an electronice control module. If you have an aftermarket cruise Elvis, (Dave) I may have a replacement here. Some aftermarket cruise systems I can also wire a later model four wire switch to work. Lemme know. Thank ya, thank ya very much...

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Are you saying you have some 84 and later stalks for sale?

Jack
I use to have some, will have to check my storage unit. I do have some odds and ends aftermarket cruise systems stalks as well.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts