El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that came to the Blowin' & Glowin' show last October in Anna and joined in on our Elky parade to the show grounds, we passed right by the Malt Shop. So, I know you can get your Elkies up there. Wouldn't it be great if we could roll in 20 Elkies strong again? We can meet at the same shopping center parking lot and cruise in together. I've never been to a Malt Shop cruise in, but everyone I know up here that has been says it's a good time. So, lets make this our July get together. Yes, July is hot in Texas, but that's why it's at night, and they serve ice cream. Here's the details:

Event Dates: July 21, 2012
Location: Anna, TexasSummer Cruis-in at The Malt Shop (est. 1959) located at 504 N. Powell Pkwy (Hwy 5) Anna, Tx on Sat. July 21, 2012. Show and Shine from 6:00 to 9:00pm. A(Drive-in style) movie will be shown at dusk, so step back in time and show off your ride! No fees. Display only. All wheels welcome. Info: Samye 214/957/9129, Connie 469/396/9148 or visit web @ http://themaltshop.webs.com/upcomingevents.htm.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump!!!:beer:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I am tracking to this, 'gator. I haven't taken the car off the blocks yet this year, just too busy. I am missing hanging with my gang; and so is the old bad girl - so this deal may be our ticket out of the garage. I would love to roll into Anna again with the club - and the ice cream sounds like a real winner!

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
dont think i can do this one, have to keep the miles down on the wore out truck motor,
maybe next time, yall have a scoop for me(rocky road plz):texas::You_Rock:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woody, sorry you can't make it.

CJ, this is about as close as it gets for you, so hope you can get away for a few hours and let the Bad Girl come out and play. :beer:

·
Registered
794 Posts
You know what is sad - I can't find the keys to my '68 anywhere!! I am going to have to order a new ignition switch. Thankfully, it's an in-dash switch - but is that nuts or what? I started her up the other day, about a month ago, and then when I turned her off..... no clue. I did something really clever with them, I guess. Hey Gator, I picked up a '64 Biscayne the other day, with a '69 427 in it.... guess where that 427 is headed....:secret:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
You know what is sad - I can't find the keys to my '68 anywhere!! I am going to have to order a new ignition switch. Thankfully, it's an in-dash switch - but is that nuts or what? I started her up the other day, about a month ago, and then when I turned her off..... no clue. I did something really clever with them, I guess. Hey Gator, I picked up a '64 Biscayne the other day, with a '69 427 in it.... guess where that 427 is headed....:secret:

You're gonna send it to me?

Please? For Ginger? Pleeeaaassseee?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You do know after you replace the ignition switch you will find the keys.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Gator, I picked up a '64 Biscayne the other day, with a '69 427 in it.... guess where that 427 is headed....:secret:
Sounds like the bad girl is about to get badder (and faster) :nanawrench:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Found the keys! The wife and I were in the shop looking, and talking my way through what I could possibly have done with them, and I had a flash that maybe I stuck them in where the front carpet overlaps the back, right there next to where the seat belt bolts down.... and wa-la!! Keys! what a dipstick. Now, to remember to go get some dupes made...

The Anna malt shop is looking like it might actually happen for me...and the wife is claiming she will drive our new family member there.. we will see about that. Big Block Biscayne, 4-speed, no power steering or brakes, this ride is just the meat and potatoes. I'll have to get her out in it this weekend and see if she really wants to make this happen. If it did, that would be cool.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Dang you guys up in north Tx. have all the fun.
Sounds like a lot of fun just wish Texas was a little smaller sometimes.:texas:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Dang you guys up in north Tx. have all the fun.
Sounds like a lot of fun just wish Texas was a little smaller sometimes.:texas:
X2! I'm stuck in between ALL of the fun! Too far to cruise up to Dallas, down to San Antonio, and a 4 hour drive over to Houston! I think it's time for us to move...:dontknow:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
X2! I'm stuck in between ALL of the fun! Too far to cruise up to Dallas, down to San Antonio, and a 4 hour drive over to Houston! I think it's time for us to move...:dontknow:
There are two types of people...Texans and everone else.:nanawrench:Just kidding guys no harm intended.
I just need to buy a trailer, borrowed one the last two years for Belton. :poke:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts