El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2022 Season starts on May 6!

SoCal Productions and the City of Escondido are excited to welcome Cruisin’ Grand back to our historic downtown.
Cruisin’ Grand will kick off on Friday, May 6, from 4 - 9 p.m. and run every Friday night until September 30.

Doug, Eric and I will be at the Grand opening and I'm hoping several of our Socal pals can join us. Old Bear I'm lookin at you ;)

We will be fairly frequent attendees so if opening night is out of reach let us know when you can and we will do our best to be there.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
@fauxrs
Eric unfortunately that is my birthday.
The wife wants me to go to ... wait, I don't have a wife.
The new girlfriend wants me to go .... wait, nice, good women ignore me, so no girlfriend either.
I guess that's what they mean when they say "I'm available"!

I saw this via Dave Lindsay's site www.SoCalCarCulture.com and saw that it got rescheduled. I then decided I would like to make myself available.
I first need to do a small sanity check run in next 10 days.

Cruisin Grand Event Details (cruisingrand.net)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Am I correct that the organizers have this as 1973 and earlier?
Visitors of course can include later 4th and 5th Gens.

Do we need to pre register?
I know one of the Orange Shows is Sold Out.

·
Premium Member
1987 GMC Caballero, 350, Holley Sniper EFI, 200-4R
910 Posts
Seal Beach is sold out.
Eric, I'm so hoping to be back for the 2022 kick-off of Cruising Grand. Right now, our Belton X 2022 roadtrip includes visiting family & returning on or after 5/6. If we're not there 5/6, we will be there 5/13 and a few other Fridays
Thanks for putting this out there. I look forward to seeing several of you out there

·
Registered
1972 El camino ss clone
20 Posts
Hey everyone. My names Jacob. I’m 25 and recently got my dream car. A 72 ss clone. I’ll be there at cruisin grand with it. Does the el Camino group try and park near eachother?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey everyone. My names Jacob. I’m 25 and recently got my dream car. A 72 ss clone. I’ll be there at cruisin grand with it. Does the el Camino group try and park near eachother? View attachment 146777
Whenever possible though we don’t often manage it. And of course there hasn’t even been a cruisin grand for the last two years

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@fauxrs
Eric unfortunately that is my birthday.
The wife wants me to go to ... wait, I don't have a wife.
The new girlfriend wants me to go .... wait, nice, good women ignore me, so no girlfriend either.
I guess that's what they mean when they say "I'm available"!

I saw this via Dave Lindsay's site www.SoCalCarCulture.com and saw that it got rescheduled. I then decided I would like to make myself available.
I first need to do a small sanity check run in next 10 days.

Cruisin Grand Event Details (cruisingrand.net)
If you want to depart early and maybe arrive around midday I’ll take you to lunch for your birthday.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Thanks Eric, I will be down a little early, yet not early enough for lunch.

Do you folks meet up somewhere and drive in together?

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Usually I park in the lot across from city hall. Behind Fillipis pizza grotto. We normally park on broadway instead along grand. If you’ve got my phone number feel free to give a call

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on the cruisin grand Facebook it says you can reserve spots by calling someone. Has anyone done that before?
I’ll be honest, that must be a new feature. I’ve been on the cruisin grand staff and we’ve never had that except for south broadway which is reserved for the car club of the week

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For parking on the street you can get there up to two hours early since downtown parking is two hour parking before you have to move your vehicle so you could get there at three I normally since I park on Broadway get there around four and wait for them to close Broadway off and then you can move in anytime after that

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Property Ecoregion Map Product Infrastructure

So when I come early, which I usually do just to avoid the traffin on the I-15 north. I will usually park in the lot behind Fillipis pizza grotto, on the Corner of South Broadway and W. Valley Parkway. This is across the street form the Escondido Civic Center and a half block from Grape day park (for those of you that have attended that event in the past) They will usually start closing streets around 4 pm on Broadway making it possible to park there.

If for any reason you cant park near us, you will find us seated in front of the US bank branch. Look for a Red '66 camino and a White 69 Nova (pretty sure thats what Doug will bring)

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
If I leave here at about 2 PM, I might be in the parking lot before 3;30.
I hope there are "facilities", even if plastic ones.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts