El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
Had nachos and took care of a couple things before getting on to the highway.
Other than noises and lotsa fuel consumption, the El Camino ran great all the way home.
I found a nice ten car length gap in the slow lanes and just let it roll at 1850 RPM.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey everyone. My names Jacob. I’m 25 and recently got my dream car. A 72 ss clone. I’ll be there at cruisin grand with it. Does the el Camino group try and park near eachother? View attachment 146777
Jacob,
Sorry we missed you. We saw your awesome Camino parked along Grand but no one was nearby. Hope you had a good time.

·
Registered
1972 El camino ss clone
20 Posts
Jacob,
Sorry we missed you. We saw your awesome Camino parked along Grand but no one was nearby. Hope you had a good time.
Thanks man. Didn’t stay to long but was out having dinner with some friends the whole time. Hopefully I can meet y’all next week. Wasn’t the most fun time this go around. My dad took his 1969 firebird and had nothing but issues with it while there. Alternator busted somehow and battery died. You might have saw it broke down in front the 7-11. Thankfully someone had an extra battery that was charged.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks man. Didn’t stay to long but was out having dinner with some friends the whole time. Hopefully I can meet y’all next week. Wasn’t the most fun time this go around. My dad took his 1969 firebird and had nothing but issues with it while there. Alternator busted somehow and battery died. You might have saw it broke down in front the 7-11. Thankfully someone had an extra battery that was charged.
Probably won’t be there next week but don’t let that stop you

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
Batteries can fail in cameras as well as vehicles.
My goal was to take images just before sunset, in order to catch streetlights and other lights That would give the evening ambiance.
Camera failed, yet it took me too long to figure out and get the backup rechargeable batteries. So Big_Al_327 and Jacob's nice 1972 missed the images
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
Thanks Eric for the invite for Region 18 NECOA Members to join in at the 2022 Cruizin' Grand in Escondido.

This is Eric's 1966. Through the years three of the cars have been featured in different magazines by Jeff Smith: Eric's El Camino, Doug's white Nova and the blue Bel Air.
Vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
The Ultimate Sleeper showed up missing the curb feelers. Yet you will be able to see that Mr. Peabody isn't missing as he joined Doug in one of the images. This car gets lots of attention. Mr. Peabody also gets a lot of attention. Both deserve it.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Doug and his dog Mr. Peabody.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

I'm getting tired, so have a couple more cars to add tomorrow.
I also have a 7 month old kitten climbing the French doors, the window screens and me. Time for more training. Tonight's chosen vocabulary lesson word has been "Down". Complete with the visual sign language of index finger pointing to the ground.

·
Premium Member
1987 GMC Caballero, 350, Holley Sniper EFI, 200-4R
913 Posts
We missed being there Friday. We were still in Texas. We plan to be there Friday. It's a great event for anyone in SoCal

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
This is the third of the magazine mule cars.
I previously had the opportunity to join events with Eric Schmiege and his beautiful highly metallic blue 65 Bel Air.
Take a look at his big two door with a BBC.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Hood

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
I am hoping Eric @fauxrs caught the name of the guys with this 1972 SS.
His son got it when he was 12. Then the two of them restored it. It looks terrific guys.
They still have it and both take it out, and we have had them near us at other San Diego Couty events.
We are glad they joined us at 2022 Cruizin' Grand.
You may be able to tell the almost sunset effects for the images on this one.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Window

Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
I apologize to @BigAl 327 and @SlowNez that I did not figure out the battery failure on the camera quick enough, particularly since I had the charged up spare ready to go. I am hoping others will post their images.

I also missed the images of my 1970 at the event. However, I stopped about a mile from my home at a local park to check the truck's recently repaired water temp and oil pressure gauges out before the drive in traffic. Pines park has a mix of about 4 varieties of California coastal pines, with fabulous views of Santa Catalina and San Clemente Islands. It overlooks Capistrano Bay and Dana Point harbor. This park was an important refuge for locals during the pandemic. We could space out and enjoy a lunch. From the street, I could catch this nice park's trees with the Pacific Ocean behind. I hope you don't mind my sharing a few of the images taken right before I headed south for 2022 Cruizin' Grand Opening Day.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Car Tire Plant Vehicle

21 - 40 of 41 Posts