El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone planning on attending the first part of Cruising the Coast before traveling on to our 60th Anniversary shindig in Texas? I'm hoping to combine the two, and would be interested in making NECOA's presence known en masse at CtC before maybe forming a convoy to Arlington. Cruising the Coast gets a whole lot of automotive media coverage, and if we could make NECOA even just a blip on any of those major radar screens, it would go a long way toward getting our name out. It's also possible that we might even snag some outside interest in and (admittedly last minute) publicity for our 60th Anniversary event.

Even if not planning on attending Cruising the Coast, members traveling through from the southeastern states might be able to all meet up for an El Camino convoy to Arlington. I-20 would seem to offer the best main route West through Mississippi, and those coming from the MS Gulf Coast could join up in Jackson.

So, who's interested in making Cruising the Coast a prelude to our event in Arlington or even just joining up for a train of El Caminos across I-20?

LK Meano

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hi Tim, It sounds like a good idea if we can put something like this together. I know what its like to go down the road in my Camaro with another 35 or so in front and behind me. Its a great site and I' in going or coming. Michael still in SOuth Boston, Virginia :banana::banana::banana::cool2::cool2::cool2:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Michael, are you also planning to attend Cruising the Coast? Ken has started a topic on organizing convoys from Regions 5, 6, 7 and 14, if you want to keep up with that thread. If you're coming to CtC first, we could leave the coast and join an I-20 convoy in Jackson, MS easily enough. I'd like to get a group together to represent NECOA on the coast, so anyone else planning to attend, speak up!

LK Meano

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow had not realized that this was scheduled on the cruising the coast weekend. We had been thinking about maybe trying to bring two El Caminos to the meet but guess that is not happening now. I am guessing when the dates where set for this someone was aware that was cruising the coast main weekend only the premier event in this country for car enthusiast. We have been working the event on that Thursday for some years now. Oh well hope it works out for those not participating in CTC.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I posted on the Convoy section we will be headed west on I10 to Mobile, then heading north to Jackson MS for our first day out of FL. That will be around 560 miles and over 8 hours drive time, plus gas stops and a food stop. We won't have time to do CTC, but can do a meetup at a hotel Wed. night.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
I posted on the Convoy thread that we will be on I10 to Mobile, then heading north to Jackson.
This is 559 miles and over 8 hours from our starting point for the day, so no time to stop by CTC.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're not planning on CtC, you're probably better off going North from Mobile like you mentioned in your other post, and missing all the CtC traffic in MS. A Wednesday night meet up in Jackson would work for me, so it sounds like a good tentative plan.

LK Meano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts