El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update

First Thank You Ken for your generous offer. Carrie went into surgery yesterday, The Doctor decided not to do the skin grafts.They decided to send her home today and do therapy. Carries older sister Vicki who is a nurse at Children's Hospital went down to take her home. They both told me to sit tight. Carrie is in good hands.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Don, I'm in Jax. I assume Shands was probably where they took her, if it really bad burns, they generally ship you to Gainesville.

I kinda thought skin grafts sounded a little drastic. I had a bad case of road rash from a bike incident when I was 17.Pretty similar to a fire burn victim. My daddy said I looked like a skinned chicken. With no hospital in the little town I was in, had an out of town aunt that came over every morning for over 2 weeks. Was mostly my arms. Had to soak them every morning, then she'd peel of the gauze, pulling all the bad stuff off till what was growing was all pink. Yea, it was painful.

Point of that story is I doubt anyone here that's met me had a clue I had chunks missing from my arms. Only spots that you can still see scars are where it was really deep (had bone missing) & I didn't continually scrub them myself.
Other than a strange taste in car customization, I came out ok, so keep yourself calm about it best you can. Hugs aren't exactly the best medicine right now, but hope & verbal support is.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Joe you hit the nail on the head. Carrie was at Shands in Gainesville. The Dr's Felt the same way about her injurys. thats why they sent her home and start therapy. They are hoping she will have less scaring with out the grafting. Thank You, Terry & Randell.Thank You.
Don

21 - 26 of 26 Posts