El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fallen on hard times. I recently considered selling my elky, I realize now that doing such a thing before I have finished the beast would be a an insult to what i plan on creating. So I have decided to continue to build the beast but, with an even lower budget than before. This comes with some consequence because I can really not afford to either fix the simple mechanical problem that has befallen the suspension, or proceed onto the cosmetic advances that I have planned for this monstrosity. Either way I wish to divulge what I plan to do with the grill and lights.

I plan to build a custom billet aluminum grill that mocks the dimensions of the stock grill, but the grill covers all the headlights as it wraps around the front. I will then build custom halo headlights out of high output LED's to recreate the lights behind the grill. The outside halos will house the high beam xenon headlamps for brights. While the inside halos will house chrome air intakes within the halos leading to a double cold air intake.

I will definitely build this setup, might take a minute, but it will be finished. If anyone is interested in a similar grill i might be willing to sell them to help me finish the beast. Please let me know, i will post pictures and progress. The more interest in this project, the faster it will be completed. Please let me know.
-Tony

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm trying to get a complete visual of this but am having troubles imagining the mesh grill going from one side to the other. Post pics - - > sounds cool

·
Registered
59 Posts
are you attempting to make the front end look like a challenger ... that's the image i'm getting in my head and I like it lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
similar, i want to blend the original body lines and styling points of the car but recreate them as if it was being designed today, thats why the halo head lights will be the same diameter as the originals and in the same location, but be behind the grill rather than in front of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts