El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I"m just about to the paint/body/interior stage of my El Camino and am getting anxious. The paint and body on my car are pretty decent but I have added a roll pan and a steel cowl hood so I need to have them match the body. I still haven't decided on a color, though I plan to stick with a color similar to the burgundy color I have right now. I am also planning on doing a mildly custom interior. I am keeping the stock SS dash, but am having the top half of my door panels redone and my seats (out of a late-80's Supra) done in 2-tone (red/black) tweed. I am also replacing my carpet, which is worn out and in pretty bad shape.

I went and got a quote from a pretty well-known shop not far from my town (1.5 hrs) and was told $600 for the seats, $150 for the doors and $50 to install the carpet. Does anyone know if these are reasonable prices? The only thing I have to buy is the carpet, which I plan to get from OPGI.

Does anyone have a custom back wall? I was thinking of doing something with mounted speakers. Is this easy to do without sacrificing the use of the spare tire or without relocating it?

Sorry for the long post, I would apprectiate everyone's input!

Thanks,
Kris

·
1,867 Posts
That sounds high to me, especially the seats. You can buy new seats for that. It's not a big deal to install the carpet yourself. Most places are cleaper if you take the seats & panels to them, then reinstall yourself. All are easy to install.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That sounds high, id say no higher than 500 thats usually the going rate where i live.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
I think that is high also. I'm going to be getting prices for my seats and upper door panels within the next month (I hope). I'll post up and let you know what I get for prices.

·
Registered
636 Posts
[quote='84ElCaminoSS]Does anyone have a custom back wall? I was thinking of doing something with mounted speakers. [/quote]

I'm in to process of designing a sub box to go in the smugglers compartment, only on the driver's side. Looks like there's PLENTY of space for a nox with a set of 3 JL 12W6s! :mrgreen:

J

·
0 Posts
if you go through the el camino store they well help you with all this and the carpet for the front back smugglers curtain and door panel carpet with shipping will cost you about $250. It is easy to install this stuff. The seat covers are also there and run $229. to $280 if you want velour. And you can install them. I'd check on the springs and foam when you take off the new. If you have an upholstery shop take out the seats and put new foam and make your seats look just like they were when factory insatalled, $500 is about right, but I'm from CA and that's the going rate here. I'm spending about $800 to $1,000 for a complete new interior in my car. Same factory color and material, with me doing the install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts