El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this for 383Elkey to help him out and because I like it!!! Simple but functional. Basically it extends the yoke stop down to keep from wheel hopping. He's going to make them adjustable and it look like it should work.
Here is a pic and I'll let him explain it.

What's ya'lls thoughts?
Donny

·
Registered
36 Posts
being a four bar style suspension it is really not going to do much since the four bar suspension locate the pinion where it does not wrap up. it will only be a bottom out snubber, it will work great on older vehicles where the rear end is suspended with leaf springs where axle wrap up happens the gain on the factory four bar style suspension would be to install urethane bushings on all bars or install the after market systems that have adjustable bars. Alfred Whiteside (fastside) www.whitesideracecars.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
I disagree that it won't do much, i have all new bushings and before i installed this i had some serious wheel hop.i now don't have that problem.I'm not against the adjustable bars just the cost of them,but hey that's me ,all i know is this has worked for me and quite well actually. I run airshocks in back factory springs,and factory trailing arms. No hop :nanawrench:

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Good idea,i think it needs more research,like mounting a camera someplace under the truck,and video a launch,to see what it does ,have you painted white shoe polish on the snubber and the housing ? :texas:

·
Registered
19 Posts
383 stroker 500hp th350/3500 stall,factory rear end with "strange" posi unit /richmond 4.10s,airshocks in rear/factory trailing arms /coil springs

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...Gee,I would think,if you hauled anything in the back with any weight,that will bottom out on the housing..:dontknow:..but,hey,if it works ,cool..:beer:
:beer:

·
Registered
19 Posts
That why I'm making adjustable ones that will be available for purchase,i don't haul anything in my ride its stictly for pleasure on the street and strip..and if i need to i put air in the shocks

·
Registered
19 Posts
That why I'm making adjustable ones that will be available for purchase,i don't haul anything in my ride its stictly for pleasure on the street and strip..and if i need to i put air in the shocks
I run 50 or so pounds in my airshocks,and what i made is1.25" away from the top of the yoke, and i run 275/60/15s which is 28" tall

1 - 20 of 27 Posts