El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CY-2020 Calendar Competition Rules
My friends, it's time once again to clean her/him up, put on the finery, and get that photo snapped for the 2020 Calendars. The following rules and conditions will apply this year. So, Best of Luck in finding that just right spot with the proper exposure conditions for a winning shot!................Ken

2020 NECOA Calendar Contest Rules

The 2020 NECOA Calendar photo contest will begin August 10, 2019, with a target date for the submissions, voting, and calendar completion by the middle of November. To facilitate the calendar competition this year, we are implementing the following rules. These rules are meant to level the playing field for all, and to spread the riches around by allowing more finalists from a much wider spectrum of the membership. In the past, voting blocks in larger Regions unduly affected who was fortunate enough to “make the show” to some degree. By limiting the number of finalists from each Region, we hope to gather a more representative collection of worthwhile Elkies for our calendars. ALL photos are to be submitted via eMail to [FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT] – Photos CAN NOT be transmitted via PM.

1. All submissions should include a full or 3/4 front or rear view, along with either a full left or full right side profile of the Elky. See these locations for photography suggestions:

[FONT=&quot]https://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=30210&highlight=Phohttps://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=30210&highlight=Photographytography[/FONT] ,
[FONT=&quot]http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/fototips-condensed.pdfhttp://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/fototips-condensed.pdf[/FONT] , or, for more extensive help,
[FONT=&quot]http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/home.html.http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/home.html.[/FONT]

2. Generally, no more than 10 digital images should be submitted for each member’s Elky. All images submitted MUST be never before published in a NECOA Calendar and MUST be a minimum of 2400 X 1800 pixels in size. However, it’s much better to submit the image just as it came from your digital camera - full size, up to 16 megapixels. Please DO NOT crop or resize your photos before submitting. PLEASE leave at least a couple of feet of space on both side of your car, and center the car in the lower half of your photos. Images that are not of high quality and suitable for printing will be. Per Item 1, all images with a portion of the car cut off will be disqualified.

3. Absolutely NO “PhotoShopping” of the Elky’s image. Images that have been altered through the use of PhotoShop, or similar software, will be disqualified. Adjustments to the background or areas surrounding the Elky’s image will be allowed, within reason.

4. Each photo submitted MUST be never before published in a NECOA Calendar and MUST have the member's Name, the member's user name on the Forum, the member's NECOA number, the Year, Make & Model of the car, and the City & State where the car is based. Enter this information into the message area of the eMail used to transmit the photos. Submissions will be accepted during the period from August 10, 2019, until midnight, October 15, 2019. All images not meeting the quality requirements of Items 1 and 2, above, may be disqualified without further notice. Resubmissions will be allowed if corrections for quality have been made.

5. Voting will commence at 8 am on October 25, 2019, and will end at midnight on October 30, 2019. Only one (1) vote per member per image is allowed in each of the generations. In other words, you may vote for your favorite in each of the 6 Elky Generations, or a total of 6 times for the entire contest this year. Violations of this rule will result in immediate disqualification of all of the member’s submissions in all categories. Violations of the rules (attempting to cast more than 6 votes, or more than one in any generation or special category) made with the intention of improperly influencing the calendar competition outcome may result in a permanent ban of the member from the Forum.

6. The number and type of calendar editions this year will depend entirely upon the number and quality of the submissions received. Decisions on the type and number of Calendars will be made when the submission numbers have been analyzed. Members are encouraged to submit their photos of Elkies at Show/Meetings, or Elkies involved in activities that represent the Association. The appearance of a NECOA banner would be a plus. If the number of submissions is not adequate this year to support the Regional Calendar concept, consideration will be given to publishing Generation calendars or possibly a combination of generational and regional. To be determined.

7. No more than three (3) images from any individual Region will be included in the “Showpiece” calendar. By “Showpiece,” I refer to the main calendar that we publish each year. That calendar contains the top vote-getters from the Calendar Contest, and will have a minimum of three 5th gens, two 4th gens, three 3rd gens, two 2nd gens, and two 1st gens - an acknowledgement of the numbers of each generation's numbers in the real world. This will be the Calendar that results from the voting contest, with the remainder of the multiple vote Elkies being used in either the Generation based Calendars or the Regional based Calendars, whichever way we go. They will be used as needed, in accordance with Rule 7 and others.

CONTINUED ON FOLLOWING POST...............

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CY-2020 Calendar Rules (Continued)

CY-2020 Calendar Rules (Continued)
CONTINUED FROM POST 1 ABOVE...............
If more than three (3) Elkies from one Region obtain a higher number of votes than those from other Regions, only the first three (3) will appear in the calendar. The next highest vote-getters from other Regions will be moved up for the final result. Final numbers may be adjusted if necessary because of finalists’ limitations, and editorial privilege may be implemented to fulfill the Board’s desire for a balanced representation of the Association’s membership.

8. For the “Showpiece” calendar only, winners from the previous year’s “Showpiece” will not be eligible for the current year calendar. The previous year’s winners will remain eligible for all calendars other than the “Showpiece.” This exclusion will be for only the preceding year’s winners, to give other members a chance at the honor of being included.

9. Depending on the number and quality of photos submitted, there may be a special edition calendar comprised of '59 & '60 model El Caminos, in honor of the 60th Anniversary of the El Camino.

10. Best of luck to all, and let’s begin searching out that “just right” photo setting!

Additional InformationIMPORTANT!
Let me remind everyone to please read and comply with the rules above for size and composition of your photos. You can use the attached information on photography that I’ve included to help in conforming your photos to the guidelines. Each photo submitted MUST have the member's full Name, the member's user name on the Forum, the member's NECOA number, the Year, Make & Model of the car, and the City & State where the car is based. Enter this information into the message (NOT the “Subject” line!) of the transmitting eMail and send to [email protected]. DO NOT refer to PhotoBucket and ask/tell me to pick your photos from Photobucket...........'cause I won’t!

Also to be considered for the CY 2019 NECOA Calendars will be photos of grouped Elkys, with members, taken at shows or meetings and photos of multiple members working on their Elky. I want interesting photos involving Elkys. Burnouts, cars with front ends in the air (wheelstands – NOT on jack stands!), etc. are specifically requested. Please help us out and send these type photos in a separate eMail from your Elky’s Calendar entry. That’s important! If you question whether you’ve got the right photo, send it in! The calendars are a work in progress right now, so ask questions about the right photos. Send in as many as you can of these photos............Ken

Please get your photos submitted sooner than later!

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interest..................??

This Thread hasn't been spoken to for 8 days - it's getting lonely! Where are those photos? I need for those who can to send their photos in as soon as possible (ASAP), so they can be processed and made ready for the calendar page template. Look - we're planning to include the entire group who attend the 60th Anniversary celebration, so, I'm going to have somewhere around 150 cars to process between the end of the 60th show and the first part of November. PLEASE, At LEAST all those who do not plan to attend the 60th send their photos in ASAP! All those who are attending can reduce the last--minute rush a great deal by pre-submitting car photos ASAP. Help me out a bit here..................Ken

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re-Posted from Earlier

This Thread hasn't been spoken to for 9 days - it's getting lonely! Where are those photos? I need for those who can to send their photos in as soon as possible (ASAP), so they can be processed and made ready for the calendar page template. Look - we're planning to include the entire group who attend the 60th Anniversary celebration, so, I'm going to have somewhere around 150 cars to process between the end of the 60th show and the first part of November. PLEASE, At LEAST all those who do not plan to attend the 60th send their photos in ASAP! All those who are attending can reduce the last--minute rush a great deal by pre-submitting car photos ASAP. Help me out a bit here..................Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts