El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, she's back in the hospital (yesterday). So far, they've removed somewhere between 50-75 square inches of skin from her chest, and removed the same amount from her tummy to replaced the bad skin (cancer). She's in ICU, and may be there for a couple of more days, depending on how well she responds to treatment. They plan on keeping her until about the middle of next week. Sooo, I have no idea if she will be able to make Belton or not. She will be recovered enough for me to make it, though. I'm fairly certain she won't make the Lone Star XXX in San Marcos in two weeks. Be too stressful for her, and will probably still have drainage issues from the wounds. Hoping she will be able to make CTC in Oct. That will depend upon whether she's still getting radiation treatments or not.

Just thought I've give an update to those that know.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Thanks for the update, and please let her know she's got an awful big cheerleading team on ECC pulling for her to have a speedy and full recovery!
Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers!!
You remember to take care of yourself too!!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Prayers going up for you and your family.

·
0 Posts
My prayers go out to you,and anyone that's been through something like this! Hope all is well and I hope to see you both in Belton.:beer:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Prayers to you and your family!

Doug

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Keep a good thought for ya..........

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Bruce, so sorry to hear this. I have had to give up some flesh myself three times(melanoma) but am clear now. I will pray for your bride to have the same success. I wish you both the very best. James:smileyb:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
My prayers go out to your family, hope she heals soon.
---gilby---

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Prayers for Mrs. Beepster are being said tonight! Hope she is blessed with relief and quick healing.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Well, she's back in the hospital (yesterday). So far, they've removed somewhere between 50-75 square inches of skin from her chest, and removed the same amount from her tummy to replaced the bad skin (cancer). She's in ICU, and may be there for a couple of more days, depending on how well she responds to treatment. They plan on keeping her until about the middle of next week. Sooo, I have no idea if she will be able to make Belton or not. She will be recovered enough for me to make it, though. I'm fairly certain she won't make the Lone Star XXX in San Marcos in two weeks. Be too stressful for her, and will probably still have drainage issues from the wounds. Hoping she will be able to make CTC in Oct. That will depend upon whether she's still getting radiation treatments or not.

Just thought I've give an update to those that know.

PM ME ALL THE INFO AND I WILL SEND SOME FLOWERS FROM ALL OF US HERE. I don't know how to create a card online where we could all put our names on it but that would be nice if someone knows how.
Best wishes and I will light a candle for both of you .

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: Well, she's doing well enough that they plan on discharging her tomorrow after her cancer surgeon installs another fluid drain on her right chest. The skin transplant has taken, and she's up and walking this morning. She will have about four fluid drains due to all the tissue movement.

It appears she won't be able to make the Tri-5 Lone Star on the 4th, and she may not be able to make Belton on the 25th. If she's doing well enough, and she probably will, I will attend both, as registration and hotel/motel reservations have been made. I'm hoping she'll be recovered enough in Oct to attend Cruizin' da Coast.

Thanks for all the best wishes and the support. They are greatly appreciated and needed at this time.:texas:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, her doctor called this afternoon, after inserting a drain in her chest wall, and said some of the areas were inflamed, and she needs to stay at least another day. Wifie not happy, but, as I told the doctor, better there than having to take back to hospital. I went thru too much of that in '10/'11 with misdiagnosed pneumonia.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
You got that right they told us it was o.k. for my dad with cancer to come home and two days later I called 911 he never came back.
Robert

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Get well wishes to the wife Beep.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Hang in there!

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, Bruce. All the best to both of you.....................Ken

1 - 20 of 27 Posts