1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
wow - that thing is pretty clean. What are the specs on it?

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
It is cool that your interest in your Caminos has rubbed off on your dad. Assuming you ljve close you can tag-team your projects. I am jealous. My father and I had a real conflict due to my interedt in rods and bikes. He always drove low power low price sedans. I was into 3x2's, nasty cams and loud pipes. It would have been great to share my interest in cars with him.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know much about his cruck except that it has a 1983 305 engine. It was originally sold with a v6. Interior is fair. The cruck is rust free! I was impressed. He's got a little damage on the front end I'm sure he'll be able to sort out himself. I had to help him put a new hinge pin the the driver's door.

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
It is cool that your interest in your Caminos has rubbed off on your dad. Assuming you ljve close you can tag-team your projects. I am jealous. My father and I had a real conflict due to my interedt in rods and bikes. He always drove low power low price sedans. I was into 3x2's, nasty cams and loud pipes. It would have been great to share my interest in cars with him.
x2:neutral:
Donny

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's actually my dad's interest in cars that fueled mine! I helped him restore 4 t-birds and a couple of Renault caravel's. Still, I don't think he would have considered an El Camino as a replacement for his truck if he wasn't a little excited about the work I'm doing on mine.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Here's to father and son projects, my Dad got me interested in hot rods, racing, and working on stuff just to see how it works.:beer: I am trying to get foster son involved in wrenching and fixing thinks.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
Here's to father and son projects, my Dad got me interested in hot rods, racing, and working on stuff just to see how it works.:beer: I am trying to get foster son involved in wrenching and fixing thinks.
x2...Hoping I can do the same for my son.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Thats awesome. good stuff. i was lucky too. my dad got me into building cars really young (11 was when we started my first car an 80 Malibu 2 door) and since then we have built a few hotrods. a 47 and a 49 international pickups (both with the early ford 460 motors. a 52 studebaker ( early 90s suburban chassis with an injected 454)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts