El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has bought and installed a dash cap. Where did you get it? Which company did you buy it from? Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bought a 100% cover cost $125.00 looks great. Company was american dash covers. Bought one from palco sent it back rightaway it did't cover well. You want one that you remove vents before you install it not one that just meets up to them. My first cover was 1/2 it was for another elc that I had it went under vets and hid at stichseems in midle of dash and it looked great. Just test fit eitherway that you go.Good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks, joeyintulsa, one came with my '65 that the PO purchased. I'll have a closer look at it as I haven't tried to install it yet.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Bought one from El Camino Store,full cover,top fit ok,but lower part around a/c controls & radio fit,but when I tried to install the cover plate around the cap it wouldn't fit,had to cut cap with dremel tool,that helped some but still don't fit right,going to try a heat gun next,cap still installed never glued in though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I bought one of these from the El Camino Store. I kind of wish I had gone to one of the other companies but lesson learned. I'm going to try test fitting it this weekend but wanted to ask you all if your cracks in the dash were really bad and flared up a little bit did you cut them down so they would lie flat? Also what did you use to adhere it to the existing dash?
Thanks,
Jerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts