El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to pull the dash panel out of our '65 Elky and unhooked everything and pulled it out. It was starting and some dash lights worked and one side blinker indicator light. Also the dome light worked. Now trying to test out all the bulbs, I have no dash lights, no starting from the ignition switch, no dome light and no headlights when I pull the headlight switch. There are a couple wires cut off behind the dash, but they were cut before I did anything and the truck ran and had most lights. Now it won't crank when I turn the key. No headlights when I pull the switch. No dome or turn signals when I try those with the key turned to the on position.

But I have 12.69 volts when at the ignition switch wiring plug that goes to the "bat" terminal.

Any ideas on where I need to start? Half the wires are hard as rock (AZ heat), but a new dash harness is almost $500! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.........Jay

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
heres some diagrams Jay :texas: for some reason they wont open fully for me?? try them??
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=27190

for the lights,,check and see if you have power to the light switch??
if not check the fuseable link from the starter to the firewall plug?? (if a 65 has one??)..

for the no start,, check that the gear shift is in park and the neutral safty switch??

someone better at the older elkys may have a more ideas?? :dontknow: BUMP...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts